Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the backup sensors installed

Here is the LCD display for the back up sensors

And here is the sat radio that I hard wired. The only cable that is on the outside is the one that goes to the Aux Jack. I am currently working on one that is only about 3 inches long which will be a better fit. Once I get that cable done I will post up pics!

·
Registered
168 Posts
How about a close-up of the sensors? (PS: That's an LED display, not an LCD display.)

And not that I'm knocking your efforts, but why didn't you just buy the Sirius receiver and plug it into your stock radio? It would have been a much cleaner installation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sgodun said:
How about a close-up of the sensors? (PS: That's an LED display, not an LCD display.)

And not that I'm knocking your efforts, but why didn't you just buy the Sirius receiver and plug it into your stock radio? It would have been a much cleaner installation.
Cause this one was free! They wife also wanted one that was portable.
LED--LCD same difference!!! Here is a close up of the sensors, well 2 of them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think the sensors look real good. How difficult was it to run wiring from the front to rear of the car?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.38 said:
I think the sensors look real good. How difficult was it to run wiring from the front to rear of the car?
Not hard at all I ran it up through the brake light and through the hole that was already there then I just pulled off the interior pieces cause they just snap into place! Took about an 1hr. to complete the install most of the time what measuring to make sure all the sensors would be lined up and even all the way across. I put each sensor 2.5in above the crease in the bumper and they are 15in apart. I think it was 15in maybe 13 but hell they are all even.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How does that work? Have to drill holes in your bumper?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scjon03 said:
How does that work? Have to drill holes in your bumper?
yeah you have to drill holes but the kit I got came with the correct size drill bit so it wasnt hard at all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
quick question. Do the backup sensors only work in reverse??? i would like to know how close some idiot's are tailgating me!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
black-sxt-sport said:
quick question. Do the backup sensors only work in reverse??? i would like to know how close some idiot's are tailgating me!!!
Yes only in reverse you connect them to your reverse lights. Also the display starts reading at 2.3 meters until 0.0 meters. However when you are at 0.0 you still have about 6-10inches of space between you and the object!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Can I ask where you got the sensor kit, what brand it is, and how much you paid. I need to get one for my Caliber. My wife is only 4'10" tall and has a hard time seeing out the back window when she's backing. Any additional assistance I can get for her will help out a lot (she's already damaged the bumper by backing into a large rock--but I was able to get the dent out so there's only a paint scratch as evidence now).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
panzita said:
I like the backup sensors, they look nice!
I'd like to find them in Spain... but I think that's impossible...

You may be able to get them on ebay and have them shipped to you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice work like

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mistermario said:
I like the backup sensors :) will the little LED for it fit under the stereo in the cubby hole there?
Yes it will fit perfect there thats where I put it in my 300, wife wanted the radio there and wanted the wires hidden as best they could be!

You should be able to get them on ebay I got both kits there for $85 shipped (I believe) it was something like that!!

Thanks for all the compliments!

·
Registered
377 Posts
lukeinva said:
And here is the sat radio that I hard wired. The only cable that is on the outside is the one that goes to the Aux Jack. I am currently working on one that is only about 3 inches long which will be a better fit. Once I get that cable done I will post up pics!

How do you have the Starmate mounted? I will be putting the same one in my Caliber once it comes in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wonder how that differs from the Mopar backup sensor

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's quite a big difference in price! The mopar site doesn't show a picture but if this is the same item that Lukeinva installed I'd say that this is a pretty good deal. Looks good installed on his Caliber. I may get a set for the Caravan too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yeah I showed them to my dad and he ordered a set yesterday. He wants me to put them in once he gets them. He has a jeep cheerokee.

My sensors didnt come from hong kong, I got them from a guy in states I think he was in colorado or arizona

The starmate bracket that comes with it to attach it to the window. I took off all the brackets nuts 2 of them I believe it was then I just took the shortest piece and screwed that to backing that holds the radio. I slid it in the cubby hole you have to use some force to get it in there but not much it stays in place and never moves. Its really stable even when you are changing the channels. Though my wife loves using the remote that it comes with!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts