Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am in the UK and have just picked up my new Cali (Diesel, SXT, inferno red).

Incidentally it came very quickly. I ordered it in mid September and the dealer said it would come at the of October but in the end he managed to swop one with a dealer in Scotland.

Anyway I am really happy with it apart from a couple of niggles.

The SXT should have a chrome grille but mine came without. The dealer said he had had a couple (all diesels) that had arrived without chrome and this would be rectified when he got the parts after October.

The gear changes do seem notchy but maybe this will loosen up with use.

I was disappointed with the key ring though - the key itself is not very impressive and I thought I would at least get a Dodge key ring but got nothing.

What has anyone else got?

I would like a leather one with a metal embossed rams head. I have had a quick look on ebay but can't see anything like that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I got one of the promotional Caliber steering wheel key rings. but only because I happened to be at the dealership the day the Daimler-Chrysler trainers came into train the sales staff on the caliber. Go Swag!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If it was ordered with the "sport" group which has the color keyed seats and dash panels, then it doesn't get a chrome grill. At least not in the states. But they did away with that option now for the SXT, so not many have it.

As for the keyring. Not sure how they do it over there, but unless the dealer gives you a key ring for buying the car, the stock keys only come with the key and a metal ring. Any keychain you want is extra. Sometimes dealers will throw them in with the pruchase because it's only a couple bucks and they are making more than that on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts