Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is nothing like the feeling you get when you apply the first coat of wax on a new car.:D I love how everyone stares:eek: ...LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great looking car you have! The wax really shines :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey!....thanks for the comments. The tire shine i use is armor-all extreme shine....its an aerosol no touch application, kinda messy but it works well if you carefully spray it on your tires and not your rims.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Does it get "thrown" off the tires onto the wheel wells when driving? Most tire applications that leave the wet look do that. That's why when i take the car to the hand car washes, I make sure they know not to put the tire dresing on. I have my own stuff that i use and will be the only tire dressing put on my tires.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose it matters on how clean your tires are before application and also the amount that you put on. Because as far as i can tell you that the tire shine is clear. but today i did notice a little did go flying off.......and i do mean a little. nothing a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and some mothers quick detail spray cant handle:D .

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
EXcaliber said:
I suppose it matters on how clean your tires are before application and also the amount that you put on. Because as far as i can tell you that the tire shine is clear. but today i did notice a little did go flying off.......and i do mean a little. nothing a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth and some mothers quick detail spray cant handle:D .
That's cool. I hate the hand car wash stuff because they put way to much on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used mothers california gold liquid carnauba wax (not the paste in a can, although i may try that one). and the wash I used is meguiar's gold class shampoo and conditioner (it comes in a 64oz bottle)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice pics, nice Caliber, and those wheels and tires look Great! I'm glad that you're proud of your Caliber, Excaliber!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm definately proud of my caliber, and i hope to keep it looking good for a very long time............i'll probrobly post some pics after the winter when i wax it again. thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Loos good but I'm partial to the silver color.hehe I also use the Extreme Tire shine but usual use black magic first and then just a small coat of extreme tire shine and have no poroblem with it running.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey JLM....which window deflectors do you have, And was it easy to install the chrome fuel door? I was thinking about getting both.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Chrome door is a breeze to install ans I have the Mopar window deflectors and they are also very easy to install.Here is a better pic of both.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good JLM............thanks for the better pic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts