Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally added some pin stripes to my Caliber. I decided to go with basic black as it complements the already established black trim. I wanted something that adds a bit of class and uniqueness to the car without standing out too much, I think I found the right balance.

I went with two thin stripes on either side. On a bright sunny day, it's hard to get a full body picture of the stripes and the reflection of the car tends to drown out the stripes (on film). I also tried to add my own touch of flair to the stripe design, as you can see at the ends of the stripes.

Here are some thumbnails of what the sides of the car look like;

I also added some accent to the hood lines. My wife thought I was going too far with the stripes, but I like the way these turned out;

I also added a single line to the rear hatch, right along the indented line. It doesn't stand out as a stripe, but it accents the line that's already there. If you look close, you can see I also added a stripe along the indentation of the rear bumper (I also did the front bumper, but didn't take a good picture yet). This also adds an accent to the lines already existing on the car without standing out too much. In fact, people don't even notice there are stripes in any of the indentations unless I point them out.

Any thoughts, comments, or questions?

EDIT: I just viewed the resized pictures I posted. I noticed that in some of them the stripes look jagged. That's a result of the resizing, they really are straight.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Very nice! Subtle and classy. Good touch, I like.;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ditto, gives it a unique look without being too "busy". The stripes compliment the existing lines of the car.

·
Registered
644 Posts
not to shabby.....very subtle but still giving it your own flair

1 - 4 of 4 Posts