Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Pinstripe or not?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just curious what others opinions are on the pinstripe on my car. When I test drove a few they didn't have them and a few days after I bought mine I realized it had one.Originally I planned on taking it off but now I see them without it and it looks like it is missing something. I am trying to make up my mind soon because it is probably much easier to take of now since it has only been on for a few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any input.

(Updated: 7/17 - Added 3 more pictures)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I think the pinstripe looks good, but how far forward does it go?:) It stops before the front fender flare area, right? Thats where I would stop it, but from the pics it seems to go further.:confused:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Keep it, I think it looks good. Wish mine had some dealer-pin=striping.

I've always liked how some dealers go all out with pre-sale-dealer-mods. It sort of gives them (the dealer) personality and character and makes the dealer more approachable... IMHO.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Interesting, I am going to paint pinstripes on mine, but I didn't want to say anything until I had done it. Nobody had mentioned it before and I couldn't understand why. Now that I have seen yours, I like it! Keep it I say. It adds a touch of class.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same thing happen with mine, Steel Blue also. I didn't even notice it was different until someone said something to me about the pinstripes but I love it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
I think the pinstripe looks good, but how far forward does it go?:) It stops before the front fender flare area, right? Thats where I would stop it, but from the pics it seems to go further.:confused:
Thanks everyone for your feedback so far :) As far as how far the stripe goes all the way up the fender to about 1 inch from the headlight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've always liked how a pinstripe can make a car look complete. My parents had a '92 Dodge Caravan that was bright red with gold pinstriping around the windows and then there was gold on the wheels too and it looked sharp!! My '92 Dodge Shadow was the electric blue with a white pinstripe down each side and even though I had wanted to repaint the car I wanted to find a way to get them to put some pinstriping back on it. Needless to say, it never got fully repainted so I never had to ask how much it would cost to get pinstriping on it. After seeing a Caliber with it, I would seriously consider having it done to mine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't have it on mine but I think it looks alright on yours. Do you think you could post a close-up pic so we could see it better? Right now I am on the fence on whether or not I like it but that is just for my tastes. If you like it, then rock it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SXTANDME said:
I don't have it on mine but I think it looks alright on yours. Do you think you could post a close-up pic so we could see it better? Right now I am on the fence on whether or not I like it but that is just for my tastes. If you like it, then rock it.
I will take a few more pictures today so everyone can see it better.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
SXTANDME said:
Here are two more pictures... I tried taking them from agles you can see the pinstripe better.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think they would've looked better if they stopped right where the front fender flares out. They'd look better if they started right in that corner. I think I've seen another one that way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
TimSax said:
I think they would've looked better if they stopped right where the front fender flares out. They'd look better if they started right in that corner. I think I've seen another one that way.
I agree with you. I like how they look but I would have started them not as far forward. I definitely think that it makes an already unique vehicle that much more special.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm thinking about Kustom Kulture for mine! Thinking total Ed Big Daddy/Von Dutch work in blues n black to tie in with the interior bezel which is metallic blue.

I'm an artist, but I've never tried my hand at pinstriping.
Any advice?

Ta,
H

1 - 20 of 34 Posts