Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've always kept my cars as is, and know very little about making modifications.

I've heard several people who love the Caliber's exterior complain about the plastic interior. I also know some people get leather seats, and have wondered what that looks like with a plastic dash and door panels. (I have a car with leather seats, but it also has a leather covered dash and door panels, and woodgrain accents. Never seen leather seats and wood when the bulk of the interior is plastic.)

I know there are kits to add, say, wood, carbon fiber, etc. to the bezel and accents over other parts of the dash. Is there anything that can be done about the rest of the dash or door panels? Not necessarily wood, carbon fiber, or anything fancy. Just anything to make it less plastic overall...

·
Registered
567 Posts
custom fiberglassing? apolster over the plastic, either way its going to look crappier then what u started with. most interiors are plastic weather is softer or harder.... its all plastic?

·
Banned
400 Posts
darth said:
Hi. I've always kept my cars as is, and know very little about making modifications.

I've heard several people who love the Caliber's exterior complain about the plastic interior. I also know some people get leather seats, and have wondered what that looks like with a plastic dash and door panels. (I have a car with leather seats, but it also has a leather covered dash and door panels, and woodgrain accents. Never seen leather seats and wood when the bulk of the interior is plastic.)

I know there are kits to add, say, wood, carbon fiber, etc. to the bezel and accents over other parts of the dash. Is there anything that can be done about the rest of the dash or door panels? Not necessarily wood, carbon fiber, or anything fancy. Just anything to make it less plastic overall...
There are plenty options out there my friend. Money will make it happen. After I pay my car off, I may do the whole inside with black leather...:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 2005 KIA Sportage EX had leather seats and everything else was plastic. The dash insert was a brushed aluminum color (was probably a fancy plastic). The combination looked just fine..

·
Registered
48 Posts
um wut?? i havnt heard any1 complain about the interior....the materials are not low quality at all...they are acutally quite nice...
this is not a neon...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts