Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone checked into getting one of those plastic hood scoops that are seen on ebay? I want to get one, but I want to see what it would look like on the cali's before I get it. Has anyone done any hood mods yet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
If it is a stick on scoop, I would say no. I personally don't like them. They don't seem like part of the hood. I am hoping the SRT hood will interchange. That is what I did on my Dodge Ram Truck.

Post a picture of it or a link, and maybe I can get my kid to Photoshop it and we can see what it looks like.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Unles Dodge makes a SRT style hood for the non-SRT vehciles, it won't interchange. All of the spy shots of the SRT-4 show a different front end and hood design.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is a pic of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Down boostdog, J/K

I have a hood scoop on my Dodge Ram Truck and it looks cool though like I said it is an SRT-10 hood which is steel and a full replacement for my old hood.

My main concern about plastic scoops is that they weather differently than the rest of the hood, and eventually will probably not look good and if they are stick on, they may eventually fall off. That is why I would wait to see how the SRT hood looks and if it will exchange somehow or if a company will make a steel replacement hood. Don't like fiberglass either since they usually crack.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
A good quality fiberglass hood won't crack. Have had one for my Dakota for 6 years now and it's not cracked at all, but it's a good quality fiberglass hood. Very sturdy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
stick on scoops look like hell... to mickey mouse... the though has crossed my mind to buy a scoop similar to the srt, grind down the raised part on our hoods, and mold the scoop to the hood to look like the srt. but thats a lot of damn work.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i like the fenders on the white one, but never been a fan of 'fake' stuff on my car.. [fake scoops/louvres/etc] although i like some of the aftermarket designs; most of the good ones are expensive [because of the popularity of carbon fiber]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts