Votes: 76 92.7%
  • NO, they should not be produced

Votes: 6 7.3%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've inquired about factory front mudflaps. Mopar does not currently offer these. There appears to be no protection from road debris and stone chips from the front wheels. Lets see if anyone else wants these and get Mopar to pay attention. Don't forget....winter for many will come. Do you want to save the paint on your new Caliber? Please leave your comments. Power in numbers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd buy 'em. I've noticed, when driving through mud, that there is substantial spray on the front door panel, much more so than the rear. Looks to me that if available, front mudflaps are a must.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey, where's the poll?

I want front flaps... and better looking rear flaps.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes! I want both front and rear sets.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd go for a set as well, especially with some chome accents. "Caliber" in chome on black would look nice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Add me to the list of wanting/needing fronts... I have the rear ones on already...

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is the most critical need for this car, the front gets it way worse than the rear! I'd buy em for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TimSax said:
I'd buy 'em. I've noticed, when driving through mud, that there is substantial spray on the front door panel, much more so than the rear. Looks to me that if available, front mudflaps are a must.
Yes, I've noticed this as well! After rain, I get splatters of mud across the sides. I would definitely buy some front ones. And I agree also that the back ones are not very stylish...

·
Banned
400 Posts
Just tacked on a set of rear fugly mopar guards, GAWDAMNIT MOPAR... MAKE SOME STYLISH FRONT & REAR SPLASH GUARDS!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i need front ones to match the back set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also look at the area behind the front wheels verses the back. Behind the front wheels you have the door and metal. If that gets chipped, you can have rust issues. Behind the rear wheels you have the plastic bumper. If that gets chipped you will not have rust. I think the fronts are much more critical. So, DCX listen up!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Behind the front wheels is a black plastic rock guard. So far I haven't had a need for front flaps on vehicles that have such a guard already. Have I just been lucky?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Huff said:
Behind the front wheels is a black plastic rock guard. So far I haven't had a need for front flaps on vehicles that have such a guard already. Have I just been lucky?
I saw those on an SXT at the dealer today. My R/T does not have those or any other supplemental protection. Even the rock guard you mention is minimal. Not near enough protection for winter driving or gravel. Arizona winters aren't known to be harsh:)....but you have your fair share of sand and gravel around.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Huff said:
Here is a photo showing the front wheel well and lack of rock guard. I think more protection should be offered.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes...absolutely.

Tyke

1 - 20 of 41 Posts