Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and I am very pleased with the wide range of topics. I am very unhappy with th eselection in my area. I live in NE Ohio, I am looking for a RT/AWD in anything but yellow. I have searched over 50 dealer that are somewhat close I cant find anyone who has any selection. I did for fun look around the Outer Banks NC, I am going on vacation in a few weeks and would love to buyt one while on vacation. I also looked in Ca (90210) Their was a dearler who had 71 and another who had 25. The last I checked I was closer to the plant than anyone in Ca.

·
Registered
343 Posts
rtp208 said:
I am new to this forum and I am very pleased with the wide range of topics. I am very unhappy with th eselection in my area. I live in NE Ohio, I am looking for a RT/AWD in anything but yellow. I have searched over 50 dealer that are somewhat close I cant find anyone who has any selection. I did for fun look around the Outer Banks NC, I am going on vacation in a few weeks and would love to buyt one while on vacation. I also looked in Ca (90210) Their was a dearler who had 71 and another who had 25. The last I checked I was closer to the plant than anyone in Ca.
I too am in NE Ohio, and none of the dealers have any??? They must be selling as soon as they get off the trucks...I found a decent one at Spitzer in Sheffield off of I-90..they weree supposedly getting "a bunch" in , but I haven't been able to get back there

·
Registered
340 Posts
I as well live in NE Ohio. There are several dealers who have R/T's on the floor. Do not go on to Dodge's website and check dealer inventory. I did that in the begininng and it NEVER was right! Time to time I see cars at dealers and then check the site, and NOPE the site says they have none.

Try Great Northern Dodge, Strongsville Dodge, Andretti Dodge, Slimans Dodge, Junction Dodge. Several of these had Calibers on Sunday, Monday. Was out and about.

Ps There are a LOT of Calibers in my neighborhood, let alone another Orange R/T within 3 blocks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
OrangeRT....where did you get yours? I live on the near westside by W117th. I got my Neon at Ganley in Bedford...I like them, but they didn't have any either time I went there

·
Registered
343 Posts
Oh...and where is Andretti Dodge...never heard of them

·
Registered
269 Posts
Kempthorn Automall in Canton (south of Akron on US62) has an orange RT AWD... although it is quite a ways from you.

I agree, it is odd that there are so few Calibers in the midwest; maybe they're just not selling well in California? :confused:

·
Registered
384 Posts
irloyal said:
Why don't you guys plop down $500 and order one????
That's what I was thinking... In the time you have spent looking, you could have already ordered one and be half way through the wait!

P.S. I only had to plop down $50 to order mine! ;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
katiescaliber said:
That's what I was thinking... In the time you have spent looking, you could have already ordered one and be half way through the wait!

P.S. I only had to plop down $50 to order mine! ;)
Or if you don't want to order one, at least get on a waiting list for one the dealer has pre-ordered. The chances are high that the ones that come in off the truck are already spoken for by people on a waiting list. .... at least, at my dealership anyway. (For example, as of last Friday, they've got 25 ppl on a waiting list, and maybe 10-12 Calibers coming in.)

These conditions do make it difficult to find a Caliber for a test drive, if you prefer to look and touch before handing over any money. Again, find a dealership you like and work with a salesman to either reserve a test drive for you when they get Calibers in, or to reserve or order a car.

...And then there is such a thing as a "dealer trade". If you (or your salesman) can locate a vehicle you want but it's elsewhere, your salesman can work out a trade with the other dealer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's an R/T at Frederick Dodge in Boardman, about an hour from you. The car is pretty well loaded, stickers at $23000 something. Don't know if you want to go that far, but I just passed it this afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey, joedodge
I was in Boardman around 7pm tonite and they had 3 calibers. 1 SE &2 SXT. I drove one at Columbiana Dodge last week and loved it. They had a rep in and he let me drive his car. I dont want to be on a waiting list or even order one. I'm and Anericcan and HATE to wait for anything.

·
Registered
343 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
...And then there is such a thing as a "dealer trade". If you (or your salesman) can locate a vehicle you want but it's elsewhere, your salesman can work out a trade with the other dealer.
I doubt any dealer would dealer trade these being as popular as they are ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
rtp208 said:
I am new to this forum and I am very pleased with the wide range of topics. I am very unhappy with th eselection in my area. I live in NE Ohio, I am looking for a RT/AWD in anything but yellow. I have searched over 50 dealer that are somewhat close I cant find anyone who has any selection. .

You'll find that happens when a brand new line comes out...and is barely a few months fresh rolling off the production line. Come next automn...you'll see dealerships start having the variety. And by next spring..probably quite a few sitting on lots waiting to be sold.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You’re going to be hard pressed to find a Caliber in general; in certain areas the dealerships are hardly making demand. Similar to the 300, the Caliber seems to have stricken a cord with buyers young and old.

My personal suggestion is to always test drive a vehicle of the same trim level with similar options and makes your decision based off that.

If you can’t find one vehicle with all the features you want, you can usually find them spread out across 2 or 3 different vehicles which you can test the features independently.

Example:
Stereo Models, Music Gate Sound System, UConnect, Sirius etc.

If the experience has been pleasurable go ahead and place the order with a specific list of options you want. If you’re looking for something specific to show up on lots, it may very well take more then 6-8 weeks and involves allot more time.

Good luck,
Dan

·
Registered
141 Posts
rtp208,
Sorry if I gave you a bum tip on r/t in Boardman. I checked with my salesman today and he sold the r/t monday. The sales mgr checked and has a red r/t arriving in a week to 10 days. It is not presold, as of 5:00 today. If you're interested, call Jerry Aaron at the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Harley said:
Especially current-model Calibers after the release of the SRT-4?
Yeah. I was thinking of getting an R/T...but I'm waiting until I drive one. The dealer calls me every few weeks...asking if I'm ready to order. "Uhm...no, I'm not gonna plunk down 23K unless I can actually drive one and see if it actually does perform better than the 2.0 CVT I test drove.".

But based on the response from most in my "2.0 vs 2.4" thread...I think I might hold out for an SRT-4....'n see what the mileage will be like...and if an AWD will come out.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
FWD is not likeley at all for the Caliber SRT-4. As the engineers stated, the AWD system is not capable of handling the power of the turbo 2.4.
The mileage has been reported as 22 city, 28 hwy. Expect about 25-26 avg.

:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts