Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not completely positive but I was doing my homework and might have stumbled across something.

There is a possiblilty that the SRT may not be coming out until October 2007. NO I cannot print nor give you my source - Sorry. You just have to trust me on this one, remember I did post pics of at least one of them I saw.

I really hope I am wrong on this one!!!!!!! I any one knows better please let me know so I can edit this thread.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That's interesting.... :rolleyes:

Only time will tell, but I've been a part of 3 new vehicles launched (Dodge Caliber, JEEP Compas & JEEP Patriot) at the Belvidere Assembly Plant in the last year. I'm still holding strong to my guess of late July 2007 which makes the SRT-4 a 2008 model.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dodge has been saying Spring 2007 for MY2008 all along. So it may slip into summer. But Fall, I don't think so. Unless, there is some real issues with the car. And the silence from Dodge may confirm something is not right...
Hope I'm wrong!:confused:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
SRT_Rocks said:
Dodge has been saying Spring 2007 for MY2008 all along. So it may slip into summer. But Fall, I don't think so. Unless, there is some real issues with the car. And the silence from Dodge may confirm something is not right...
Hope I'm wrong!:confused:
when there are production issues (i.e. robots on the caliber) that tends to make its way to the public.... silence is more about competition. They like to keep mazda and others guessing as long as possible not just us

·
Registered
9 Posts
I "visited" the local Dodge dealer today....due to a stalling Caliber:eek: ,and I asked about the SRT 4.The salesguy told me that they were promised this model for introduction here in Denmark in June 07`....but in the same moment he told me, that he was very sure it was not gonna happen....they have trouble enough getting "normal" Calibers.They just received 43 cars,and they were already sold!
Regards,
Peter

·
Registered
728 Posts
Wurlitzerguy said:
I "visited" the local Dodge dealer today....due to a stalling Caliber:eek: ,and I asked about the SRT 4.The salesguy told me that they were promised this model for introduction here in Denmark in June 07`....but in the same moment he told me, that he was very sure it was not gonna happen....they have trouble enough getting "normal" Calibers.They just received 43 cars,and they were already sold!
Regards,
Peter
Yeah, that doesn't sound likely.... since they cant even get them released here in North America properly...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wurlitzerguy said:
Regards,
Peter
javla dritsekk

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Back-n-Black said:
Are there really that many people waiting for the release? How many people are ready to drop the dough for one? Just wondering.

Randy
I would, but I want to read the reviews and have a test drive before handing over cash. Also with the new STI/EVO coming out after August I am pondering perhaps holding off and getting one of those... who knows at this point, we need the thing to come out first

·
Registered
687 Posts
The start of this thread was about when the Caliber SRT-4 would be available in terms of public launch, not if the dealerships can order all they would like. Of course everyone who wants one will not be able to have one when they want, much like the regular Caliber. This is what helps make these cars so special and they hold their value too! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Latest rumblings........SRT4 has been de-tuned to 280HP, currently is failing emissions testing thus latest delay pushing launch to summer 2007.
AWD being developed for 2008.5/2009 MY in fact SRT4 might be delayed until AWD system is ago. Which will make the first Caliber SRT4's AWD with no fwd model being offered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SRTcanuck said:
Latest rumblings........SRT4 has been de-tuned to 280HP, currently is failing emissions testing thus latest delay pushing launch to summer 2007.
AWD being developed for 2008.5/2009 MY in fact SRT4 might be delayed until AWD system is ago. Which will make the first Caliber SRT4's AWD with no fwd model being offered.
LOL, the SRT is not being detuned and the 2008 Caliber SRT is FWD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SRTcanuck said:
Man this guy must get his info from laughy taffy wrappers.:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Back-n-Black said:
Man this guy must get his info from laughy taffy wrappers.:D
Amazing accuracy, let's hope he's 100% accurate and they are coming out with an AWD model for 2008.5/2009 MY!

That would allow them to slot in a compact sedan as an SRT-4 FWD, Neon successor, and elevate them to compete with the WRX and Ralliart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I know this AWD thing has been discussed plenty, but I personally don't care if it's AWD or not. I like FWD, plus it's cheaper, plus it's lighter. Dodge-SRT.com is running a poll to see if people really care about AWD. So far, 70% of people would only buy a Caliber SRT if it was AWD. So how is it that supposedly the lines are so long to get one?

click the link in my sig to see the Poll.

·
Registered
312 Posts
jimbobbubbajoe said:
So I know this AWD thing has been discussed plenty, but I personally don't care if it's AWD or not. I like FWD, plus it's cheaper, plus it's lighter. Dodge-SRT.com is running a poll to see if people really care about AWD. So far, 70% of people would only buy a Caliber SRT if it was AWD. So how is it that supposedly the lines are so long to get one?

click the link in my sig to see the Poll.
Sweet thanks, I just cast my vote for the AWD model. I'd pay $25k for it. They should keep a FWD $20k SRT vehicle in the lineup too, but I'd buy an AWD SRT-4 if they made it. Too bad they only have the Caliber and no sedan, they could have the Caliber be the AWD and the sedan be the FWD...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know I'm a minority, but I'd rather a FWD Caliber SRT 4 than an AWD one. I've been smitten with HP FWD cars since I first test drove a 1985 Shelby Charger new. Sice then there have been a few in my garage, 87 GLHS, 87 Shelby Lancer, 05 SRT4 ACR. I have had no problems getting them to hook up on street tires. I like the challenge. What is the fun of just going WOT from a dead stop? I like DRIVING my cars, I'd prefer NO ABS, NO TC, none of that crap. I can handle my car myself thank you very much..

·
Registered
1 Posts
i feel the same way

also, awd can bring a whole new list of problems ie: drivetrain power loss, broken axles, more stress on the trans...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts