Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
As far as I know(not positive), that site is not for model release dates. The "JOB" could be anything. It may mean start panel production or start engine production, something like that.

I would like to see it then, but I think Mid 07 is more likely.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
They have quite a few test models running around Detroit/Windsor. I talked to a guy testing one the other day while waiting at the border and he said the car is awsome. He had tha datalogger on the dash. Had a big exhaust pipe on it. It was just as quiet at idle as a non SRT caliber.(wish i had his job)!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
OrangeRT said:
As far as I know(not positive), that site is not for model release dates. The "JOB" could be anything. It may mean start panel production or start engine production, something like that.

I would like to see it then, but I think Mid 07 is more likely.......
Well if it is production there will be a handfull of them ready to go by the end of the day :D If you happen to be lucky enough to live where ever that first truck goes that post up so pictures when they hit the lot lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer yesterday and looked at his listing of what all was Job 1 etc etc. The Caliber SRT-4 WILL go into production on 3-12-07. Not the panels, not the engine, the CAR itself. So expect it to be in the DealerConnect system January/Februaryish, at which time you can order it! Weeeeeeeee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Amandyke said:
I just spoke with my dealer yesterday and looked at his listing of what all was Job 1 etc etc. The Caliber SRT-4 WILL go into production on 3-12-07. Not the panels, not the engine, the CAR itself. So expect it to be in the DealerConnect system January/Februaryish, at which time you can order it! Weeeeeeeee
i think i'll be waiting till about june.... (1) i want to drive it before i buy it. (2) wait and see if there are any other little issues showing up (3) hear of any rubmbles of MY changes for MY08 in the July timeframe and decide to wait or not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would be weary of what a dealer would tell you. In all honesty those guys really dont know **** unless they got some one on the inside. I was told alot of things from our dcx corporate trainer who has got to do some performance testing in one of the mules. He says the car is stupid fast and that major performance mods will be availabe. He also hinted at a possible new feature that he was calling E.L.C.U. (Electronic Launch Control Unit) He basicly said that this feature will help you launch the vehicle as fast as possible with out any tire slippage and that it is completly different than the esp program, but he wouldnt comment any further on it. This guy also runs the ride and drives out here and he said that he should have an srt4 there on october 23 for us to drive on a closed course track (the parking lot of wild rivers and verizon ampetheatre). I cant wait, and if he gets one down here I will be posting video of everything i can about the car.
p.s. If anyone finds video of the srt4 running at targa that would be great if you could post a link to it or something. I have been lookin for 20 hours and cant find ****!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
minace said:
I would be weary of what a dealer would tell you. In all honesty those guys really dont know **** unless they got some one on the inside.
Considering I saw the Job 1 date on his screen in an e-mail he recieved from DCX, I think it's pretty reliable. As for when we might be able to put orders down. This guy has been selling cars for well over a decade. I would imagine he has a good feel for how the ordering system works.

But anyway, Thanks for your info and I hope you manage to get some video of the SRT-4 running. I'm excited to see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
my dad works for chrysler and he doesnt see any caliber srt parts so i'd say a little longer after march prally may.... just my guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
minace said:
I would be weary of what a dealer would tell you. In all honesty those guys really dont know **** unless they got some one on the inside. I was told alot of things from our dcx corporate trainer who has got to do some performance testing in one of the mules. He says the car is stupid fast and that major performance mods will be availabe. He also hinted at a possible new feature that he was calling E.L.C.U. (Electronic Launch Control Unit) He basicly said that this feature will help you launch the vehicle as fast as possible with out any tire slippage and that it is completly different than the esp program, but he wouldnt comment any further on it. This guy also runs the ride and drives out here and he said that he should have an srt4 there on october 23 for us to drive on a closed course track (the parking lot of wild rivers and verizon ampetheatre). I cant wait, and if he gets one down here I will be posting video of everything i can about the car.
p.s. If anyone finds video of the srt4 running at targa that would be great if you could post a link to it or something. I have been lookin for 20 hours and cant find ****!!!
THATS TOMORROW!!!! CAN I COME???????? PLEEEAASSEEEE??????

Edit: I'm a dummy never mind, one more month... lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Tomorrow is September 23rd. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Urgh! I hope it delays for my own sake, can't get one till at least May! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
Yeah, new releases suck because the dealer KNOWS that if you walk out, there will be 10 more ppl in line behind you to buy the car at whatever price THEY want.

Only reason I got such a good deal on my new 2004 SRT4 was because it was 2005 and they wanted to clear out the old stock.

So I got it for $27,000 CDN purchase financed at 0%.

Guaranteed you wont find a deal like that on new Calibers for a LONG time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Ironside said:
Yeah, new releases suck because the dealer KNOWS that if you walk out, there will be 10 more ppl in line behind you to buy the car at whatever price THEY want.

Only reason I got such a good deal on my new 2004 SRT4 was because it was 2005 and they wanted to clear out the old stock.

So I got it for $27,000 CDN purchase financed at 0%.

Guaranteed you wont find a deal like that on new Calibers for a LONG time.
ya and apparently in canada there is a law about over chargin mrsp, so they add in etching, scotch gaurding etc. and charge 3-4k for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Ironside said:
Yeah, new releases suck because the dealer KNOWS that if you walk out, there will be 10 more ppl in line behind you to buy the car at whatever price THEY want.

Only reason I got such a good deal on my new 2004 SRT4 was because it was 2005 and they wanted to clear out the old stock.

So I got it for $27,000 CDN purchase financed at 0%.

Guaranteed you wont find a deal like that on new Calibers for a LONG time.
Yeah I guess I lucked out on my 03 I only paid sticker... but 5k is a big mark up for a car that will most likely be priced in the low 20's. it'll be like a 20% markup!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
lambkins said:
Yeah I guess I lucked out on my 03 I only paid sticker... but 5k is a big mark up for a car that will most likely be priced in the low 20's. it'll be like a 20% markup!
27k was in Canadian dollars... i think you are talking about the US price estimate of sub 23K USD
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top