Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Post TSB #'s here

TSB's are us:
18-020-06 06/13/2006 2007 PM Flash: Warm Weather Spark Knock or DTC2173
24-005-06 06/14/2006 2007 PM Chill Zone Does Not Stay Cold Or Chill ZoneMode Door Does Not Stay In Position

·
Registered
689 Posts

From Dodgeforums:

Subject : 2007 PM Rattle from sway bar end link

Market: US, Canada, Mexico, International
Model year(s) affected: 2007
Model(s) affected: PM - Caliber
LOP Codes: 02 - Suspension

Rattles from the front sway bar may be caused by the washer on the end link nut breaking and falling off on vehicles built before 3/24/06. Engineering has changed the fastener in production and MOPAR stock is being purged. No CAGRIS reports are needed unless after the clean point. Subject : Rattle or "flutter" from front of vehicle

Market: US, Canada, Mexico, International
Model year(s) affected: 2007
Model(s) affected: PM - Caliber
LOP Codes: 02 - Suspension, 23 - Body

A rattle or "flutttering" noise may be heard from the front end on cars built before 3/9/06. The front wheel well liner may be loose. Production fix was to change from a 10X15 mm slot to an 8 mm hole for the fasteners. Dealers are using foam tape to fix. No field action planned.

·
Registered
506 Posts

how long is that foam tape shit actually gonna last on the front wheel well liner?

·
Registered
689 Posts

For a hundred million years, are you implying that the factory doesn't think that is a good idea? J/K of course, I agree with you.

·
Registered
644 Posts

so with TSBs do we just role up to the dealership and say "yo, check this shit out" and they check it out ... or does it have to become a serious problem

·
Registered
689 Posts

Well if you have a TSB # and a problem, you tell the dealership when you go in that you have X problem, if it looks like you are getting the run around or they tell you its not a problem, BAMM I have this TSB.

Just so everyone knows, TSB's are not like a recall or warranty fixes necessarily, they are factory fixes for customer complaints, and thats the key word, COMPLAINTS, meaning you have to complain to get the TSB fix.

Some dealers do it automatically to be nice, but those are few and far between. Having a TSB # is a good thing to battle with, if you don't get results from your complaint. Under warranty a TSB is done free, out of warranty, its a question, and in most cases you have to pay to get the fix.

Now if you are in good relations with the service people, just let them know about the TSB up front and get the problem fixed. Some service departments don't like you knowing more then them, so they can give you a hard time if you bring in a TSB and expect a fix, TSB's are not designed for the general public, its only for service people to help get the fix done quicker than trying new fixes all the time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This is just what we need info to let the dealer know what they need to fix the car right the first time I had tons of problems with my 2005 dodge sx 2.0 ( I like my calbiber sooooo much better)and I won't go down that road again the dealers in my area suck and any good ones are more than a hour away

·
Registered
83 Posts

TSB # 8-001-06 clear erroneous codes, loss of communication

This is what was on the invoice after the dealer addressed my last problem, which was the airbag light and warning beep coming on at random times for no reason whatsoever.

I agree, make this thread a permanent sticky at the top of the forum threads pleeze!

·
Registered
506 Posts

ok i went to the Gov't page and got several TSB's here they are....

STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR:HINGE AND ATTACHMENTS
LOWER DOOR HINGES MAKE POPPING/GROAN SOUND AT COLD TEMPERATURES. *AK

Service Bulletin Num : 2301606

EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTAL TO REPROGRAM THE PCM, TCM, WCM AND COOLING SYSTEM FLUSH. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 06012

TIRES:pRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING (TPM) SENSOR PROGRAMMING METHODS. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 0800906

ERRONEOUS TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING DTC'S ON VEHICLES NOT EQUIPPED WITH TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 0800806

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPM) DISPLAYS DASHES "--" WHEN THE SPARE TIRE IS USED. *TT

Service Bulletin Num : 2200106

that's all i can find... trying to find more... maybe some of the dodge guys can help us out?

·
Registered
901 Posts

STEELBLueCALI said:
Good luck getting anything STICKIED HERE...:rolleyes:
The mods have said several times to PM them with a request. They don't always have the time to scour thru threads looking for requests.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

ejfb said:
This thread needs a permanent place on top of forums. :)
Being this thread contains much information regarding the possible FIXES to many of the problams being reported on this forum and could be of help at the dealers:

Wish Granted!:):)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Post TSB #'s Here!

why thank you sir! you are too kind! :p :D

·
Banned
76 Posts
Re: Post TSB #'s Here!

I just came from the dealer for the 'click'. Service manager saw us listening to the exhaust and asked if it was for excessive ticking. Confirmed and he came back with a Technical Service Notice he had recently received, it was just a quick paragraph on DCX leterhead, and confirmed the build date. no questions asked and he just ordered a new muffler/resonator and said he would call when it got in. Was quick and easy, no hassle, no questions asked. So I guess word is filtering down from head office to the dealer network.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.