Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's automatic SXT is our primary car, so we've put a good 60,000 miles on it within the last couple years. I have a few annoying issues, but most are due to repairs I haven't made, like the terrible front suspension and bad brakes. New Struts, and new shoes/pads will zap those issues. But the performance has been killing us lately.

Any recommendations to get the 2.0 back up to where it should be at 90,000 miles? There's a total powerloss spot in the powerband right around 2500 rpms in what would normally be 2nd gear. It'll take off fine enough, but then you just feel it lose almost all momentum and start over around then. No matter what, it sounds like its just fighting to go, and its slow as hell now. I want to give the transmission and engine some love. Does anyone have a good place to start, or know the common gremlins to look for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Am not an expert or any thing but i had the sam exact thing and it was the inter cooler hose. It had a holi in it and the previous owner fixed it with type. Changed it and the car is back to it's full power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife's automatic SXT is our primary car, so we've put a good 60,000 miles on it within the last couple years. I have a few annoying issues, but most are due to repairs I haven't made, like the terrible front suspension and bad brakes. New Struts, and new shoes/pads will zap those issues. But the performance has been killing us lately.

Any recommendations to get the 2.0 back up to where it should be at 90,000 miles? There's a total powerloss spot in the powerband right around 2500 rpms in what would normally be 2nd gear. It'll take off fine enough, but then you just feel it lose almost all momentum and start over around then. No matter what, it sounds like its just fighting to go, and its slow as hell now. I want to give the transmission and engine some love. Does anyone have a good place to start, or know the common gremlins to look for?

Thanks!
With KNOWING how to use a OBDII(2)SCANNER like I did I was able to fix my own problems without a shop,My problem after using the scanner it gave me the code on my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT as a throttle body Issue so one I order a new one put it on I had no problems now your Issue might not be like my car but at least that scanner will point you in the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts