Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone brought power from the battery to the cabin? I've got a few mods in mind and would like to bring a power line to a new fuse box inside the cabin, and then tap my power needs from there. Looking for some easy fish points.

·
Registered
203 Posts
xcanuk said:
Has anyone brought power from the battery to the cabin? I've got a few mods in mind and would like to bring a power line to a new fuse box inside the cabin, and then tap my power needs from there. Looking for some easy fish points.
If you have the auto tranny, there is a rubber grommet where the clutch cable would have gone through you can ue to route the wire into the cabin. Should be under the brake booster somewhere.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
How about for us gear jammers?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have the inverter to run my blender....don't you guys have that too? or did you buy se's?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I just picked up an R/T (FWD, MT, DCG, Tow, Cloth, Bright Silver).

It has the 120V outlet (from the inverter) but I would like both switched (ACC/IGN) and hot (BAT) power taps, preferably through/from the fuse block; but can add my own multi-fuse block at the source if needed. Just looking for info from those that know/have done dedicated power feeds to the interior before. Also looking for headliner and A-Pillar removal tips (need to get at the front of the roof near the IRVM and Reading Lights) - no sunroof to worry about...

b0bberRT - [email protected]

·
Registered
976 Posts
xcanuk said:
Right below the gas pedal under the carpet there is a rubber grommet
with a hose running thru,this was posted on another forum.

·
Registered
976 Posts
b0bberRT said:
I just picked up an R/T (FWD, MT, DCG, Tow, Cloth, Bright Silver).

It has the 120V outlet (from the inverter) but I would like both switched (ACC/IGN) and hot (BAT) power taps, preferably through/from the fuse block; but can add my own multi-fuse block at the source if needed. Just looking for info from those that know/have done dedicated power feeds to the interior before. Also looking for headliner and A-Pillar removal tips (need to get at the front of the roof near the IRVM and Reading Lights) - no sunroof to worry about...

b0bberRT - [email protected]
The "A" pillar covers have a screw behind that small rectangular pop-out
patch.
I believe what your asking about power source is how to change it
so that power is always on with or without key.
If that's so see pic shows how to accomplish.
Just install new fused line as shown in the power distribution module.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Thanks Bigstr, But I am wishing to add 12V switched and Hot power inside the car; not just switch the current power feed for the power plug from switched to Hot. BTW, I saw that thread of yours regarding that mod - way cool and tidy...

And thanks for the tip on the hole behind the GO pedal!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just so everyone knows what that rubber hose is....

It's called the A/C drain hose. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts