Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday, the pre-production SRT-4 (not the show mock-up) should be rolling off the transporter in Topeka.

What would you like to know about it? We can deliver the question list to the Engineering team accompanying it to the event.

What would you like photographed or video'd? We'll have teams of people doing that.

Random stuff will also be posted at http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272140 during and after the event.

Regards,
Dale

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would love an awd srt. I hope that happens but talking to a salesman I know he said he didnt think so. But we'll see, Kirbs

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can already tell you that it's not awd...

I was thinking more along the lines of images of the wheels with a scale placed between the back of the spoke and the closest part of the brake assembly to help figure out which aftermarket wheels will fit best...

Or real life 0-60 and 1/4 mile times....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Dale Seeley said:
On Tuesday, the pre-production SRT-4 (not the show mock-up) should be rolling off the transporter in Topeka.

What would you like to know about it? ...
Dale,

I'd like to know if they can haul it to the North end of Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, then have someone follow me to my bank to receive the cash?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
please tell us all u can... and if u have pics please share.
you know reading this made my monday a little better!

·
Registered
728 Posts
As much information about 'real world' performance would be great, especially compared to the Neon SRT-4.

Us current SRT-4 owners are probably all VERY curious whether or not it is going to be worth it to upgrade from the Neon to the Caliber.

Also, maybe get as much information as you can about all the goodies inside, extra features etc.

Finally, what i'd REALLY like to see is a close-up/clear picture of what the new Gauge clusters look like. I'm pretty sure the SRT4 pics we've seen so far didn't have the final gauge cluster, since they only went up to 170/180 or something and I thought the SRT goes to 200mph (300km/h).

Price and release date would also be nice, but probably not possible to get as of yet.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
weight of the wheels (wo the tire), weight distribiton (fr/rr) rumours about stage kits and anticipated power gains, ditto on the release date and pricing although i doubt nothing would be shared beyond what has already been publicly announced. Info on the electronic torque control would be good too.

Pictures, will the SRT4 seats fold down as well, gaugues, shifter/pedals etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
weight of the wheels (wo the tire), weight distribiton (fr/rr) rumours about stage kits and anticipated power gains, ditto on the release date and pricing although i doubt nothing would be shared beyond what has already been publicly announced. Info on the electronic torque control would be good too.

Pictures, will the SRT4 seats fold down as well, gaugues, shifter/pedals etc.
Most of your list is very doable, including the Stage kit questions. The seats may not be final design but the gauge cluster should be up to date at this point.

The mules tend to have rollbars installed for the track sessions.

We can probably get a reasonable set of numbers for release date and pricing, the SRT Marketing people will also be in attendance.

Wheel weight should be an easy one, Erich Heuschele is responsible for the wheels and will be there...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any solid info would be great but exact release date and price are the main ones for me, and acceleration/deceleration and skidpad #'s.

·
Registered
567 Posts
4 wheel disc? driveablity will it be an easier manual to drive or will it be picky and sticky...?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry about the delay, had a couple other events to attend since then and haven't had a chance to get back on.

My time with the SRT-4 Caliber was limited to getting it off the truck. We'd had it snuck into the truck without the knowledge of it's caretakers and they were having kittens about it being seen and mauled.

Once Heuschele arrived in from Denver though, or was it Houston, everything was okay....

Wheel weight (bare) is currently 17 pounds, might be 19 pounds at release.

"Staged Upgrades" are not in the plan, but a serious power upgrade is in the works. All were careful to avoid the words "Staged", presumably to not cause hope for a series of power-adders like the SRT-4 Neon received.

Weight Distribution (including CG) remains the same as a GT Cruiser.

The interior may, or may not have been final design. The car is pre-production mule, and everyone there was careful to point out that interior and exhaust is not likely to be production version.

Pictures and 3rd party descriptions are abundant at http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274829

They did not run the car during the event, it had a non-standard suspension (strut/spring combo) installed. It was delivered with a PCM cal that did not allow more than 2000 rpm or speeds higher than 10 mph. I can report though that when cal'ed properly, the car is very fast in a straight line.

Definately faster than my S2 Neon SRT-4, maybe not quite as fast as my S3R Neon SRT-4, but not much slower than it either. Of course, that is hear-say...:D

It was my first opportunity to really crawl around the car. It wouldn't replace my Neon SRT-4 on the roadcourse, but I think that I would give it a shot in the garage, attempting to build a drag car. I know it would be suitable as a really fast daily driver and home for the new Kicker equipment.

It was a lot more civilized inside the car than my Neon, but not in a bad way, if that makes sense...

Didn't dig the color at all...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dale Seeley said:
Definately faster than my S2 Neon SRT-4, maybe not quite as fast as my S3R Neon SRT-4, but not much slower than it either. Of course, that is hear-say...:D
Say wah??!??!

Man, I can't wait to take this thing for a test drive. I missed out on this year's nats, did you get any credible info on when it'll be hitting showroom floors, and if the numbers will be limited at first?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Dale Seeley said:
Wheel weight (bare) is currently 17 pounds, might be 19 pounds at release.
Given the current SRT's stock wheel weight is around 22lbs i would doubt that a larger 19" wheel is going to be lighter.

RE: it being faster than an S2 Neon SRT4 - guess we will have to wait and see, since the Caliber SRT4 @ Nationals didn't move much past the truck that it came on... there is a video on boostedmopar.com of it moving (very slowly) so i don't think it is possible to draw speed comparisions at this time

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
Given the current SRT's stock wheel weight is around 22lbs i would doubt that a larger 19" wheel is going to be lighter.

RE: it being faster than an S2 Neon SRT4 - guess we will have to wait and see, since the Caliber SRT4 @ Nationals didn't move much past the truck that it came on... there is a video on boostedmopar.com of it moving (very slowly) so i don't think it is possible to draw speed comparisions at this time
There might be more to life than the videos you saw on the internet... Somebody had to put the car to sleep every night, and it didn't stay outside...

As for wheel weight, you asked a question, I asked the guy responsible for the wheels on the car, and passed on that info. The fact that you are unable to consider that your best guess might be inaccurate is not my problem. If you don't want the answers to questions, don't ask them...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dommo_g said:
Say wah??!??!

Man, I can't wait to take this thing for a test drive. I missed out on this year's nats, did you get any credible info on when it'll be hitting showroom floors, and if the numbers will be limited at first?
All indications were that no changes in the launch plan had occurred yet, however, Marketing did not attend the event, 'just' the Engineers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts