Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Caliber for about a week now and I think it is a really great car. However, I am having fits with the Sirius factory system. The problem I am having is that, out of the blue, it seems like my Sirius signal goes from stereo to mono. I have the Musicgate system and when it does this, all of the speakers shut off except for the two dash speakers. I know it has to do with the Sirius side because I can turn it to regular FM and all of the speakers come back on. I also know that it isn't the signal from Sirius because my other aftermarket tuners have never done this in any of my other vehicles. Has anyone with the factory Sirius setup experienced this before or heard anything like this about the factory systems?

Also, does anyone know where the Sirius module is located inside the vehicle? I am so close to putting my old head unit from my Jeep in the Caliber and I would like to find out if the factory Sirius antenna has the same plug as the aftermarket Sirius antennas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most DCX cars have the module in the rear cargo areas. It sounds like it is your Sirius receiver, or possibly the connection is not fully connected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TommyLee said:
Most DCX cars have the module in the rear cargo areas. It sounds like it is your Sirius receiver, or possibly the connection is not fully connected.
Thanks for the help! I kinda figured the Sirius module was the source of the problem...just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this with the Mopar tuner as this is my 1st experience with it.

If anyone possibly knows where in the rear the factory Sirius module is located, that info would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts