Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to hand washing my Caliber for the first time since September which is when I purchased it. I usually take it to the local touch free automatic carwash. Anyway, I was getting around to the front of the car when my step dad walked by and did a double take of the front of the Caliber and brings it to my attention that the chrome on the grille is starting to peel. Right away it pissed me off so bad that I didn't even want to wash it anymore, but I did anyway. Is anyone else having a problem with this and will this be replaced under warranty? I guess I'll find out when I take it in to have the 2nd allignment done since I purchased it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
chadicenhour said:
I finally got around to hand washing my Caliber for the first time since September which is when I purchased it. I usually take it to the local touch free automatic carwash. Anyway, I was getting around to the front of the car when my step dad walked by and did a double take of the front of the Caliber and brings it to my attention that the chrome on the grille is starting to peel. Right away it pissed me off so bad that I didn't even want to wash it anymore, but I did anyway. Is anyone else having a problem with this and will this be replaced under warranty? I guess I'll find out when I take it in to have the 2nd allignment done since I purchased it.
long as it is not rock chips

·
Registered
253 Posts
go jump up and down i hapin to hace the cost of grill right hear let me find it
ye691z0ab is the one for paint comes primed it is 384.00$cnd it takes 1 hr to refinish this dose not have an install time but from the outher stuff being done to my car i would estamate say 1hr as well, good luck and have fun yealling the painted one and crome one are the same price for the part.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Just buy a new grill if the dealer wont replace it. You can grab a perfect grill on ebay for around $25

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just dropped the car off for service this morning and they will be replacing the grille under warranty. Its gonna take a few days cause they have to order it in, but thats no problem since I very seldomly drive the car anyway. If this happens again, I will have buy a cheap one off ebay and have it painted to match.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If it was chrome peeling off then there would be nothing to paint. The chrome section of the grill is removable... everything else is part of the bumper skin. They seem to come in waves on ebay, but you may even find a monochrome one in your color and not need to paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts