Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the exhaust system of course pings when shut off but when driving it also crackles. I can tell when i pull through a drive through like mcdonalds and i can hear the sound bouncing off the walls. When i drive the wind causes the system to move and it makes the same sound. VERY VERY LOUD!!! i tried to get te dealer to fix it but they said that chrysler doesn't approve of it and i have heard of people getting theirs fixed. how do i get it done?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Your dealer is very wrong. Chrysler will fix it but there is no actual TSB for it. If the dealer calls for authorization then Chrysler will approve replacement of the muffler and pipe. In May they changed the design. The new design does not make the noise. I have mine replaced (no charge) and it's now silent. From discussions here it seems it really depends on the dealers willingness to solve the customers problems. My dealers service manager waited 45 minutes on hold to get through to Chrysler and get it approved. Talk to the service manager and not the ticket writers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks for yalls help. the ticket writer said he was on hold for a while and they told him no so i guess he was lying. thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts