Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. We ordered a Caliber on April 20th and have been told by our dealer that he has no idea when it is coming in. We have a serial number assigned to it but even Chrysler tells us they can not advise a delivery date.

The sales manager at this dealership tells me that he thinks that their dealership is being black balled so now I am faced with the decision of cancelling my order and starting over with a different dealer.

I don't really want to start over and tack on another couple of months but I am getting desperate.

Anyone have any comments, secrets etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
The secret is Patience. Most members here have been waiting for a while. 10 weeks plus for some. There is a thread in the News section regarding why there are production delays. There is also the matter of your dealer having allocation. That seems to be slowing a lot of people down.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You could try browsing some of the other recent topics and posts, looking for titles similar to yours that include words like "production delays" "cancelled order", etc.

This is a common topic lately on the board with a lot of related discussion - perhaps some of the existing information may help you instead of repeating the same info in a new topic thread, where some folks may hesitate to post the same problems and tips over again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where are you located?

I ordered on April 19th, and I got my car a few weeks ago.

Maybe your dealer had to wait a long time for allocation?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The dealer saying they are black balled probably means they did not have allocation to order the car. Call Dodge Info Center and ask them the order date and see if your order was even placed in April. Dealers received allocation based on the number of Neons they sold the previous year.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
katiescaliber said:
Where are you located?

I ordered on April 19th, and I got my car a few weeks ago.

Maybe your dealer had to wait a long time for allocation?
I am located in London. Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FtK Shadow said:
The dealer saying they are black balled probably means they did not have allocation to order the car. Call Dodge Info Center and ask them the order date and see if your order was even placed in April. Dealers received allocation based on the number of Neons they sold the previous year.

Good Luck

Mike

Thanks Mike - I left a message for them. I might have to switch dealers as I have no interest in waiting much longer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you could try browsing the internet for dealers and check out their web sites for inventory in stock than goe there and buy it ... Some dealers have unsold stock... just a thought.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did you order the R/T? If you did then the delay is due to the new Jeep vehicles that use the 2.4 litre engine. They have priority for them as they are heavier vehicles with only the one engine option.

Go go R/T rarity!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good Luck...We have been waiting 44 days now and our ship date was 3 weeks ago and our delivery date was Monday the 17th and still no car. we are waiting for a Black R/T!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, we just went into d-1 status today with a delivery date of July 27th. Thanks for all of the advice!

Paul

shanman said:
Hi there. We ordered a Caliber on April 20th and have been told by our dealer that he has no idea when it is coming in. We have a serial number assigned to it but even Chrysler tells us they can not advise a delivery date.

The sales manager at this dealership tells me that he thinks that their dealership is being black balled so now I am faced with the decision of cancelling my order and starting over with a different dealer.

I don't really want to start over and tack on another couple of months but I am getting desperate.

Anyone have any comments, secrets etc?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts