Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my R/T April 10, told 4-6 weeks. Went into D-1 status last week, but was told yesterday D-C customer service it was back to BG, there is a problem, call the dealer. The dealer said mine was one of three R/Ts ordered in April they are waiting on. Their area rep told them that 1) the Belvidere plant was doing the 5-week summer shutdown like everybody else, 2) there are more orders than capacity, so 3) I shouldn't expect my R/T until September. Can anybody enlighten me on this????? I got a heck of a deal, $17,655 after rebate for a R/T with no options. Is the dealer giving me a line in order to get out of the deal, or will it really take over FOUR MONTHS to get my car???

·
Registered
267 Posts
SEPTEMBER!?!?!?!? Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Gah! If thats true, I'll kick myself for ordering so late :( I had hoped to have my Caliber by the end of the Summer so I could have a little fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i ordered mine back in march, still dont have it. called dc, they said not made yet or even close to production!!! another 2 months probably!! im furious!

·
Registered
86 Posts
caliberico said:
i ordered mine back in march, still dont have it. called dc, they said not made yet or even close to production!!! another 2 months probably!! im furious!
How is that even possible? 5 months to get a car built. Especially when people who ordered AFTER you have their cars already. What the fuk is going on over there?:mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK! Seriously, what's going on?! I've been reading and watching all the forums, for the last 2 months and there is something very annoying about the info I found about the production and status and delivery dates and all that stuff for the Caliber!!! Nothing makes sense!!! Some people are saying that they ordered before me and that their car status is still on BG after 2 months. Others says that they've got theirs only a couple weeks after they ordered. And now, certain individuals are talking about a shut down possibility of the Belvedere plant for 5 weeks... ??? I'm seriously starting doubting certain sources here!! Is anyone really knows what is talking about or DC is just playing a game with all of us?!??! It just sounds like nobody really knows what's going on and that is really making me think that there might be something wrong with this car... other than all those little things that are breaking down on the calibers: washer fluids, hoses, muffler, intercooler...

·
Registered
86 Posts
They are going to lose plenty of sales if they keep jerking people around like this. People who will ditch DCX and never go back. I am willing to wait because I only drive Mopars. This whole debacle with build dates and delivery dates is going to leave a bad taste in many mouths.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Remember that the dealer has to wait for allocation. A dealer can order 50 Calibers if they want, but none of them will be built until they get some allocations.

I ordered mine on May 1st and JUST got an allocation this month and it has already gone into D status. So you people are ordered before and are still waiting for it to get into D status, you're probably waiting on an allocation from dealer you ordered it from.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont know what the hell is going on down there, called today to check on the status again and to find out what color was ordered because of the color mix up between the 2 blues(wanted the steel blue), she could not even tell me that!!!. what is "d" status anyway??I had a neighbor and another freind who were going to order calibers, but got completley turned off every time they hear i dont have mine!! Im getting more and more ticked off every passing day!

·
Registered
101 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Remember that the dealer has to wait for allocation. A dealer can order 50 Calibers if they want, but none of them will be built until they get some allocations.

I ordered mine on May 1st and JUST got an allocation this month and it has already gone into D status. So you people are ordered before and are still waiting for it to get into D status, you're probably waiting on an allocation from dealer you ordered it from.
that makes complete sense!

·
Registered
377 Posts
MAN, DCX has their heads up their butts.

I order mine on 05/11, today is the 4 week point. dealer said about 6 weeks.

My dealer knows nothing about my order, other than that it was accepted. I am in Canada and understand that the dealer doesn't get up-to-date info here.

I called DCX on 06/06 - Guy says "In Production"
I called DCX on 06/07 - Girl says BG Status (passed edit n/a for schedule)
I call again today (06/08) - Guy says it's being built as we speak, but says he knows nothing of a B or D anything status code

Does anyone know whats actually going on?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tigerr said:
MAN, DCX has their heads up their butts.

I order mine on 05/11, today is the 4 week point. dealer said about 6 weeks.

My dealer knows nothing about my order, other than that it was accepted. I am in Canada and understand that the dealer doesn't get up-to-date info here.

I called DCX on 06/06 - Guy says "In Production"
I called DCX on 06/07 - Girl says BG Status (passed edit n/a for schedule)
I call again today (06/08) - Guy says it's being built as we speak, but says he knows nothing of a B or D anything status code

Does anyone know whats actually going on?
It appears that no one has a gotten an 'honest' answer from DCX.
Right now DCX's philosopy is simple:

Their smoke
Your ass
Blow

·
Registered
86 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Thats is funny, I was like WTF??:D:D:D:D:D
You might also like

Their fist
Your ass
Lube (if your lucky)
Insert

Seriously though, the customer service people at DCX sound like they hit the bong before their shift. I can't get the image of them sitting on their couch eating Cheetos out of my head.

I WANT MY CAR

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered mine April 29th. My dealer told me 45 days. Monday it will be the 45th day. Last I heard my car was in D status where it has been since May 6th. Almost 6 weeks in D satus and still no build date! I talked to my dealer and he said it might not come until July. I pay over 100 dollars a week in gas. Waiting for this car is making me poor! If it comes any later than July 2nd I will say screw the caliber and buy another car. I've already been looking and have some in mind, but I really love the caliber. I wish they would just get theor act together!

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
HyperCat said:
I ordered mine April 29th. My dealer told me 45 days. Monday it will be the 45th day. Last I heard my car was in D status where it has been since May 6th. Almost 6 weeks in D satus and still no build date! I talked to my dealer and he said it might not come until July. I pay over 100 dollars a week in gas. Waiting for this car is making me poor! If it comes any later than July 2nd I will say screw the caliber and buy another car. I've already been looking and have some in mind, but I really love the caliber. I wish they would just get theor act together!
Hey Hypercat!
We are in the same boat. DCX is playing a game with us, and it's not cool! I saw about 20 Dodge Caliber commercials during the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. They are promoting the car like crazy, but can't deliver. Seriously, I will give them until the end of the week to figure out their shit and call me back with some good news, or I'll walk away and never, EVER, come back to their products.:mad:
By the way, Hypercat, which cars are u considering instead of the Caliber??:cool:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I called the Dodge Info Center this morning and the gal I talked to gave me a completely different answer from yesterday. Yesterday, the gal I talked to said there was a restriction on my order and that she'd call me back with more information. Well, I was never called back. Fine with me, I'm sure they're busy and I'm not the only one with a Caliber on order. No problem.

Today I call and the lady said its still the process of being built. She had no other information other than that. She even asked what year my Caliber was!:eek:

Jesus Dodge! Get you're info center employees up-to-date!!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You think thats bad, over at Dodgeforum.com, a Dodge Info Center person told someone that didn't get MusicGate with their Caliber, to go to their dealer's parts department and get them to order it from Mopar. Now if that doesn't tell you that they are short on whats going on, I don't know what will.

Here is her answer:
Hi Adamsi...Welcome, and Congrat's on your new Dodge Caliber SXT Sport Sounds awesome!!!

Regarding the Musicgate option, I suggest to speak with your local DCX dealership. Speak with the Parts Department, they will inform you if that is available for an aftermarket purchase.
At the same time, you can always check out www.mopar.com. Under Dodge Caliber, it lists all the accessories available.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Thanks...and Enjoy!

Kelly S

Marketing Representative – Dodge Information Center
1-800-4-ADODGE / 1-800-423-6343

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I called back AGAIN and got yet ANOTHER completely different answer. The person I spoke with said it has a scheduled build date of 7/1/06 and estimated that I'd see it in less than a month, but obviously couldn't guarantee it.

I'll wait and call back late in the day and see if I get the same answer.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts