Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I received a phone call from my sales representative at the Dodge dealership I ordered my Caliber from. He was returning my phone call to inform me about the status of my order (placed Oct. 11) and to give me the vehicle order number (VON). I could tell by his tone that he had bad news. He said...

"I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but is seems as though production on Calibers with the Power Sunroof has stopped. I can't give you any specifics at this time, however your Caliber has not been built. We will give Chrysler a call back next week to follow-up."

Therefore, I'm not sure if all Calibers w/ the Power Sunroof option are not being produced or if it's just a specific model. It sounds to me as if there is some type of defect in the Sunroof (i.e.-leakage) that has slowed current production.

While I'm not excited about this extended wait, I'd rather have a better built Caliber than one that I'll have to continually take back to the dealer for service/repairs.

If anyone has any information on this issue please let us know. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm by no means educated on the issue because i'm still a Caliber newb, but, I read somewhere on these forums that they build the Caliber's in shifts. So they may be halting the line that has the sunroof built Calibers and starting a line that has no sunroof.

Someone please correct me so that I know as well. I'm near to ordering one myself and would love to find out the reasoning of this.

Found that info in this post -> http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2781

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DoverGeek said:
I'm by no means educated on the issue because i'm still a Caliber newb, but, I read somewhere on these forums that they build the Caliber's in shifts. So they may be halting the line that has the sunroof built Calibers and starting a line that has no sunroof.

Someone please correct me so that I know as well. I'm near to ordering one myself and would love to find out the reasoning of this.

Found that info in this post -> http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2781
Yeah, you definitely have a point there. I thought about that, but for some reason forgot to mention the that possibility. I appreciate you pointing that out. If that is the case, it alleviates my worry over longer wait times. Does this mean that next week they'll only be using the line that builds Calibers with the smokers group option? J/k. I guess I just need to visit a production plant to see how these cars are built.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Could be supplier issues too.....possibly just a supply issue as in the factory is waiting for the next delivery of sunfoof assemblies to put into the Calibers on the line.

J

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jmettee said:
Could be supplier issues too.....possibly just a supply issue as in the factory is waiting for the next delivery of sunfoof assemblies to put into the Calibers on the line.

J
You're probably right. I guess I just panicked when I heard the news. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DoverGeek said:
I think we should ask these guys whats up. :)

LOL! That's a cool Pic.... "Hey Tony, Jim... what the hell is going on? Get back to work!!!"

·
Registered
172 Posts
Heh, I've been to the factory numerous times when they still built Neons. Heck, got to drive my Neon off the line once :) Anyways, my dealer didn't say a word about a hold up on the build of our Caliber, and we ordered it with the sunroof. *shrugs* I might call him Monday to check though :)

Chanda

·
Registered
277 Posts
those yahoos built my baby!!! Man, I dont feel so good!?!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well unless they've ran out of parts to install the sunroof, then there's no reason to halt those orders. The cut out in the roof is made during the initial build as it goes down the assembly line.

If a car is in D status, then as far as I know, all of the parts to build the car are available or else it wouldn't be in D status.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think it is more a supply issue or that they just aren't building them with sunroofs right now.

If it was a defect problem like leaks or whatever, there would be a lot of pissed off people on these forums complaining about the issue. I have the power sunroof, and it has never given me any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. let's hope my waiting time isn't longer than it should be.. speaking of which.. how long are the wait times for a factory ordered cali nowadays?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
endeavor said:
I haven't heard anything from my dealer yet.. let's hope my waiting time isn't longer than it should be.. speaking of which.. how long are the wait times for a factory ordered cali nowadays?
Still forever and a day (wait times).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been waiting on my order since 8/28. Short time so far compared to others. This is just great more waiting; I ordered mine with a sunroof. I don't think I'd want the car w/o one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought my Caliber on a nice sunny day in May. Two days later it began to rain and didn't stop for what seemed like a month. Not once did I have a leak in the sunroof.:D

G

·
interesting. A buddy of mine in my car club who works for dodge said for about a month in MA some people came in with sunroof problems, I guess the drainage tubes were being pinched between things in certain areas. But I guess they have since resolved the issue.

But Good Luck...definately keep us posted if you hear anything else.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know a lady that ordered a Caliber and I tracked the VIN. She gave up waiting and canceled the order. She just bought one off the dealer lot with almost everything she had ordered. The dealer never canceled her order, because I seen her VIN/Caliber go by 4 months after she ordered it. I called the dealer with the VIN number before they received it and said I wanted to show my wife the car. The dealer asked if I wanted to put a deposit on the car and I said no, we wanted to look at it first. I called everyday and it was sold the same day the dealer received it so of course we had no chance to see it. Too bad, because it was built on my shift by my team and I would have loved to show my wife a car that I knew 100% my team and I built. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts