Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Project Stereo (updated 9-27)

some junk going in tomorrow

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Damn I hate being stuck only having internet access at work. The NMCI network the Navy uses has photobucket blocked. I can't see 90% of the pictures people post. 5 more days and I will be home.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oh wow, you should see that picture, it is fantastic, gold plated speakers, diamond encrusted amplifier, solid gold wires and capacitor, unbelievable. Oh, and a beautiful model wearing almost nothing, presenting it all. :eek:

:D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes... Paul Wall (spelling?) was my inspiration for the diamond cut and gold plating :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Don't get too crazy, only one project at a time now!!:D:D

Get back to working on the grille now!:D;):cool:

Make sure to take pics of this install too.:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sherdog V.2 said:
You need the cap because......

;)
lol i was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i need a cap because it was free and its the same maker as my subs so im gunna put it in to look pretty....

cell phone pic of some of what we got done today... should get it done tomorrow morning and will post more pics tomorrow evening... the grill will be a slower project though... gunna work on that in my free time...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That is gonna be a very nice clean install. I take it you will be ditching the spare?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya that went out the window on the freeway :D i figure ive got free roadside assistance... who needs it. Put that empty whole to good use... but damn did it add some weight.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
For the people who really don't know, the cap allows for constant voltag to be applied to the amp, even during hrd bass hits which woudl normally draw down the voltage a little bit. You see the cars all the time that hve the lights dim when the bs hits. The Cap should eliminate the lights diming.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Often a 2nd battery is a better solution than a cap. And in some cases (GM) for a small system a simple ground and positive rewire at the alternator and battery is all it takes. Caps do take up a hell of alot less space than a good deep cycle battery though. Not being argumentative just adding to your point.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have music gate + 2 10's now.... can never have too many speakers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks good thus far... I too am a non-believer in caps... they're quick charge/discharge, so anytime your bass hits hard for more than a few milliseconds, the cap's discharged and putting strain on your battery/alternator once again... however, for lightweight stereos that are for nothing more than a better sound reproduction, a cap can be useful in smoothing out very slight transient spikes in amperage demand.

Best bet is a Big3 upgrade and new battery along with adequate wiring.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
dawson said:
Looks good thus far... I too am a non-believer in caps... they're quick charge/discharge, so anytime your bass hits hard for more than a few milliseconds, the cap's discharged and putting strain on your battery/alternator once again... however, for lightweight stereos that are for nothing more than a better sound reproduction, a cap can be useful in smoothing out very slight transient spikes in amperage demand.

Best bet is a Big3 upgrade and new battery along with adequate wiring.
well a cap has always made my system sound better and have had no issues with lights dimming..... and this is a constant debate on weather they really work or not....soooooo :cool:

Oh and nice install...i am doing something like that to mine as well....i just bought 3 crossfire amps and am going with some new subs too. i'll post some picks when i get anything done with it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ sounds good, cant wait to see it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts