Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a few teaser pics from the 2nd retro I'm doing but this time I'm using Mpx black headlights. Saves me alot of time from taping off and painting the housings.

I was going to use E55 Bi-xenon projectors with ZKW lens's but decided not to on this retro. For now I'm using Hella H7 single xenons, same as last retro.

The shroud around the projector isn't finished yet. Still have a little something planned for it.

More pics as I get them done over the week.

EDIT: HEADLIGHTS DONE SEE POSTS BELOW FOR PICS!!!!

Just a few pics for now

·
Registered
477 Posts
i was going to use the MPx headlights as well lol. So i could work on them while the stockers were on. I look forward to doing this later on. why didn't you go bixenon? you will have no high beams. also, standard oven back method worked well i guess. no warping?

·
Registered
309 Posts
wow they look really cool. and good

·
Registered
477 Posts
How hard was it to get the MPx lights apart? I'd so love to get rid of the amber reflector
it looks like standard black sealant etc....in the oven at 225-250 for about 15 minutes always does it for me usually. just make sure to remove everything you can before like bulbs etc.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
damn that looks sweet .... im almost tempted to buy the MPx black head lights and have them shipped to you so you can do this more me ... b/c i suck at stuff like this, well thats if you can.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How hard was it to get the MPx lights apart? I'd so love to get rid of the amber reflector
They open right up. I did mine at I think 350 for 3-4 min. I leave the oven on. Opens up first try.

I didn't do bi-xenons this time. This was a trial run with the mpx headlights and these new shrouds I'm using. I don't even use high beams so Im not to worried about it. Next set though will have bi-xenons

Thanks!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I really wish I had more money to do visual mods. I really want to do that with my car but I'm still worried im going to screw up the headlight.

Looks really good though man!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
looks f'n sweet!!!! please update with pics once done.

thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.