Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread is now open for questions (early) and we expect engineer participation at the normal time 6pm EST.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Q & A Session Guidelines:

Participants Please:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the Team AND allow the Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here)
  • Limit each post to one brief and clear question - review existing posts to avoid repeat questions
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not answered for someone else, you may re-post
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Q&A Session Pending: Will start wednesday, March 21st @ 6pm EST

Can the supercharger used on the SRT4 be modified either mechanocally or by re-programming to put out less boost so that it can be used with a CVT2?

·
Registered
237 Posts

My question concerns the stamped metal brace under the propellor shaft tunnel on the LX SRTs. Can you guys shed any light on what this brace does.

Various explanations, from it being a piece put in only to keep stuff in place during manufacturing, to it being only a safety retainer incase of driveshaft failure, or it actually serving a structural reason. What can you tell us>

As always, thanks for the car.

·
Registered
237 Posts

WTH, lets backfill some CALSRT-4 questions:)

Ive seen mentioned that the Caliber SRT-4 uses the same front (rear also?) brakes as the LX based SRTs, is this true?

Edited to remove extra question:)

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have an 04' SRT-10 Ram and have taken it to the dealer to fix a problem with the starter lock out with the clutch pedal. The dealer said it is a specific SRT part and not adjustable and that I will have to live with the problem. The problem is that when I press the clutch to the floor the starter doesn't work, I have to let the pedal up about a 1/4 inch or so to find the "sweet spot" that allows it to engage the starter. Is this part really unique to the SRT Ram's and can you provide any solution to a fix?

Thanks and I love the truck!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

I work at a dodge dealer and I was wondering when we might see the first srts arriving on the lot. Also when pricing will be available

·
Registered
1 Posts

I've heard that the maximum RPM rating of the 5.7 liter harmonic balancer is 6300RPM. The SRT harmonic balancer is a different part number entirely. Do you know what RPM the balancer is rated to?

·
Registered
14 Posts

Sold my 2004 SRT-4 for a 2006 civic si.....regretted it ever since, sold torqueless Civic Si and waiting for Caliber SRT-4. Will only purchase Caliber if stage kits are offered.

A: Will stage upgrades be offered for the Caliber SRT-4?
B: Is the turbo in the Caliber the same as the SRT-4 Neon or is it the stage 3 upgraded turbo?

Love what you SRT guys are doing...was a Honda guy and now i'm a proud Dodge guy. (sold my wife's CR-V for the new Dodge Nitro...love it.)

·
Registered
40 Posts

Will this be AWD or FWD? I have heard a rumor that it was/is going to be FWD due to the fact that something within the driveline couldn't be developed to handle the power. How is this not possible from a company like Dodge as it is with Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo?

·
Registered
345 Posts

jarero said:
I have an 04' SRT-10 Ram and have taken it to the dealer to fix a problem with the starter lock out with the clutch pedal. The dealer said it is a specific SRT part and not adjustable and that I will have to live with the problem. The problem is that when I press the clutch to the floor the starter doesn't work, I have to let the pedal up about a 1/4 inch or so to find the "sweet spot" that allows it to engage the starter. Is this part really unique to the SRT Ram's and can you provide any solution to a fix?

Thanks and I love the truck!!!
The Ram SRT10 adjustable pedal assembly is the same as the base Ram truck with the only difference being the pedal pads.

·
Registered
345 Posts

The brace is there to enhance the stiffness of the chassis for both impact and NVH (noise vibration harshness) performance.

GLHS837 said:
My question concerns the stamped metal brace under the propellor shaft tunnel on the LX SRTs. Can you guys shed any light on what this brace does.

Various explanations, from it being a piece put in only to keep stuff in place during manufacturing, to it being only a safety retainer incase of driveshaft failure, or it actually serving a structural reason. What can you tell us>

·
Registered
345 Posts

GLHS837 said:
WTH, lets backfill some CALSRT-4 questions:)

Ive seen mentioned that the Caliber SRT-4 uses the same front (rear also?) brakes as the LX based SRTs, is this true?

Edited to remove extra question:)
The front calipers on the Caliber SRT4 are the same as the 5.7L LX/Police cars. The rotors are unique to the Caliber. The rear calipers and rotors are from the 4 wheel disc Avenger. The master cylinder is unique to the SRT4.

·
Registered
345 Posts

GLHS837 said:

That brace is there for NVH reasons only, and not as a driveshaft loop.

·
Registered
345 Posts

grampsmopar said:
Can the supercharger used on the SRT4 be modified either mechanocally or by re-programming to put out less boost so that it can be used with a CVT2?
We're assuming when you say supercharger, you mean the turbo on the new "world engine" 2.4L turbo.

Any modification to the vehicle would obviously void the warranty on related parts. It would require a lot of specialized engineering tools. And the CVT would likely not stand up to much more torque.

Plus, why would you want to decrease boost!? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Q&A In Session: Wednesday, March 21st @ 6pm EST

How accurate are the new 0-60 timers available on the 07 SRT8's. Some forum members (with bone stock rides) have been achieving 4.4-4.5 second 0-60's and one with a 4.30 with little to no wheelspin using ESP partially off (1 button press) bringing RPMS up quickly (with just enough brake) to 1800rpms, launching it at 3/4's throttle until rolling and then mashing it all the way as the best launch technique. Have you guys found an ideal way to launch the LX SRT8's? One member is adamant that full ESP on is the way to go but I haven't experienced this. By the way, I love my new Charger SRT8 and can't wait until more modifications become available....especially a tuning solution.

Thanks Team!

·
Registered
345 Posts

shmarco said:
Sold my 2004 SRT-4 for a 2006 civic si.....regretted it ever since, sold torqueless Civic Si and waiting for Caliber SRT-4. Will only purchase Caliber if stage kits are offered.

A: Will stage upgrades be offered for the Caliber SRT-4?
B: Is the turbo in the Caliber the same as the SRT-4 Neon or is it the stage 3 upgraded turbo?

Love what you SRT guys are doing...was a Honda guy and now i'm a proud Dodge guy. (sold my wife's CR-V for the new Dodge Nitro...love it.)
A: Sorry, we can't comment on future products.
B: No. The engines used in the Neon and Caliber are very different.

·
Registered
345 Posts

It is not a question of the "maximum RPM rating" of the damper. The crank damper is tuned to cancel out or minimize the torsional vibration (natural frequency) of the crankshaft which occurs at engine speeds much less than redline. The 5.7L crank resonance and 6.1L are different, therefore the dampers are tuned to different engine speeds. Also, the 6.1L crank damper is 7% smaller to slow down the accessory drive since the 6.1L spins higher than the 5.7L.

vvv90 said:
I've heard that the maximum RPM rating of the 5.7 liter harmonic balancer is 6300RPM. The SRT harmonic balancer is a different part number entirely. Do you know what RPM the balancer is rated to?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.