Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Participants Please:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here)
  • Limit each post to one brief and clear question - review existing posts to avoid repeat questions
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Q&A OPEN FOR PRE-QUESTIONS: Wednesday, August 22nd @ 6pm EST

This thread has been opened for pre-questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts

In our last SRT chat session, the SRT engineers said that we would soon see a letter in the mail regarding the coolant issue in the 05-06' SRT8 vehicles.

Any word on when this letter will go out????

I am wating patiently as the white gunk keeps growing.

·
Registered
24 Posts

1) If the RCD (Reconfigurable Display) is an option part on the SRT-4, can you state the additional cost?

2) Is the SRT-4 rated for use on lower than 91 octane fuels?

·
Registered
698 Posts

1) what is the exhaust setup? 3" 1 cat 1 muffler like the picture here?
If so why the muffler? Why not keep it like the Neon srt-4 style?

·
Registered
237 Posts

Does the Caliber SRT feature the same three mode ESP that the SRT-8s share?

·
Registered
12 Posts

The trailer hitch for the GC SRT8, do you have to use those tips or is that just so Chrysler doesn't get sued? Can you use the aftermarket Mopar/Corsa exhaust w/ the hitch? Is there a part number or an actual release date for the hitch? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts

My right rear brake rotor on my 2006 GC SRT8 has scoring in the middle of the brake pad area. It only has 4000 miles on it. Is SRT considering this normal on the Jeep but not the LX line?

·
Registered
11 Posts

POSTED FOR A FELLOW GCSRT8r
This question is being posted for jlandbl from http://www.cherokeesrt8.com :
I have a 2006 Jeep SRT8 with 17K miles. After 8K miles, the rear brake squeal started. At 13K miles, I had the rear brake TSB performed. The dealer resurfaced the rotors before changing the pads. I successfully bed the brakes after the TSB, however the squeal returned in the rear after 3K miles (or 16K on the odometer). This issue is very annoying and I am not the only owner that has had the squeal return after the TSB. I have not yet returned to the dealer. What do you suggest? Is the dealer obligated to keep applying the TSB every time this happens? I would be willing for you to test other solutions to this issue on my vehicle. I’m located in Northern NJ. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts

POSTED FOR ANOTHER

This question is being posted for GoldenGreek5 from the Cherokee SRT-8 forum.
I have an 06 Jeep Srt-8 with a 180 Degree T-stat. I've have been through at least 4 new radiator caps, some from the dealer, others with the locking cap. Whenever I go wide open throttle, when the engine is up to operating temps, I get leakage from the radiator cap. There is coolant spray all over the engine bay. Many other people are having this same problem. I'm running an 18 psi cap. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts

Blown7 said:
POSTED FOR ANOTHER

This question is being posted for GoldenGreek5 from the Cherokee SRT-8 forum.
I have an 06 Jeep Srt-8 with a 180 Degree T-stat. I've have been through at least 4 new radiator caps, some from the dealer, others with the locking cap. Whenever I go wide open throttle, when the engine is up to operating temps, I get leakage from the radiator cap. There is coolant spray all over the engine bay. Many other people are having this same problem. I'm running an 18 psi cap. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance
This is also happening to people with the factory t-stat.

·
Registered
1 Posts

We're interested to hear how the decision was made to allow us the ability to modify our PCMs, and that SRT will be selling its own programmer soon. What changed SRT/Chrysler/Cerebus' mind?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Q&A IN PROGRESS: Wednesday, August 22nd @ 6pm EST

Question about Caliber SRT-4:

a) Can you tell us the turbo size in camparison to Neon Srt-4 Stage-3?

b) Does the new shifter have a better/more positive shifting feel than Neon SRT-4?

c) Are the internal engine parts (Pistons, rods and crank) made stronger than Neon SRT-4?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
345 Posts

leftturney said:
1) If the RCD (Reconfigurable Display) is an option part on the SRT-4, can you state the additional cost?

2) Is the SRT-4 rated for use on lower than 91 octane fuels?
1. RCD will be optional on the PM SRT4. We have not announced option pricing yet.

2. The SRT4 power rating run is done with 97 RON fuel - pump 93. The calibrators say the car will run on liquefied dog turds if you can find 'em - but it won't make as much power and we certainly don't "recommend" running anything less.

·
Registered
345 Posts

nd4spd 4 a srt4 said:
1) what is the exhaust setup? 3" 1 cat 1 muffler like the picture here?
If so why the muffler? Why not keep it like the Neon srt-4 style?
there are 2 catalysts one right after the turbo and one downstream in the mid-pipe and yes there is a muffler.

the muffler is there for federal and european noise pass-by requirements.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: Q&A IN PROGRESS: Wednesday, August 22nd @ 6pm EST

Are they going to limit the number produced each year??

And is there an estimate to the number that will be produced for the first year?

(sorry if this was covered somewhere else)

·
Registered
345 Posts

GLHS837 said:
Does the Caliber SRT feature the same three mode ESP that the SRT-8s share?
The Caliber SRT has 2 mode ESP like the Grand Cherokee SRT8 for now. We think you'll find the ESP is far enough out that it doesn't slow you down, just saves your butt.

As usual, if it must be shut down without losing ABS, there are ways...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.