17 Posts
Re: Q&A IN PROGRESS: Wednesday, August 22nd @ 6pm EST

And has the loss of Stephens affected your typing speed? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts

Team SRT said:
1) This makes no sense to us unless the wiring harness was damaged when the windshield was replaced.

2) If you can't fix wheel vibration, you need to go to a shop with a better balancer. You need to go to a place with regularly calibrated equipment and preferably a road force balancer and get each wheel/tire assembly down to 20 lbs or less.
Thanks for the replies. Road force balanced twice, tires replaced once, and still the vibration (and common to 300C SRT8's). Will figure out that UConnect thing I am sure!

·
Registered
345 Posts

NasaRacer said:
Coolant question?? My understanding is with the Factory HOAT G-05 coolant that the use of Distilled water is required per the LX service manual. And that HOAT is a Hybrid coolant unlike DEXCool which can be used safely with tap water.

My two local dealers are willing to do the Service Bulletin (Rapid Response) Coolant flush. But they inform me the back flushing is all done with tap water. Then once it is flushed they with add HOAT G-05 to bring the coolant mix to 50/50.

My issue is this will leave the system mixed with regular tap water and the ground water in our area has high level of minerals.

My contention is some sort of coolant flushing machine should be used to not only back flush the system but also replace all the coolant with a mix of distilled water and HOAT G-05 and not HOAT and tap water.

Can you advise me on the correct service procedure?

1998 Honda VFR800
Thanks for your question Chris.

The Service Bulletin specifies the use of Mopar PN 05066386AA for coolant and one bottle of coolant additive PN 68029698AA. This is pre-mixed coolant (with distilled water), so if your dealer follows the RRT to the letter it's not a concern. However, using the new coolant with tap water is still going to solve the problem - so in any case, just get it done and you'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Team SRT said:
The car works fine on the chassis dyno, (no we will not tell you what we got). The ESP system will shut itself down when it sees the fronts turning and the rears not. When you get done, restart the car and start driving, the system will reset itself and be fine.
Realy...I have seen mine trigger the brakes on the Dyno....any other ideas?

·
Registered
345 Posts

NasaRacer said:
Thanks for the heads up!! That my plan will not work

So like I said ... If I am carefull loading my 2007 Magnum. How do you guys feel about me swaping a complete 2008 SRT8 Charger Spring/Shock Package into my 2007 SRT8 Magnum.

How will it affect ride height/handling? Is 2008 setup more about improving comfort or performance?? I know some people think the current SRT8 is too stiff. I think it is a pefect compromise.

Also will I have to make sure I get only 2008 SRT8 Charger Springs/Shocks?? Will the 300 still be softer??

Also guys ...welcome back to being a North American Company!!
You will lose your trailer tow capability and heavy load ability if you ditch the Nivomats. We don't know how it will affect ride and handling because we haven't tested your plan. You are on your own. You may prefer the 2008 front Magnum/Charger shocks to match the 2008 Charger rear shocks. Spring rates did not change for 2008.

·
Registered
345 Posts

SRT_Rocks said:
Question about Caliber SRT-4:

a) Can you tell us the turbo size in camparison to Neon Srt-4 Stage-3?

b) Does the new shifter have a better/more positive shifting feel than Neon SRT-4?

c) Are the internal engine parts (Pistons, rods and crank) made stronger than Neon SRT-4?

Thank you in advance!
a)
Neon SRT4 Stage 3
Turbo Spec = TD05HR-15GK2(*6)-10cm^2
Turbine Wheel Diameter = 56mm
Compressor Wheel Diameter = 65mm
Max Pressure Ratio = 3.4

Caliber SRT4
Turbo Spec = TD04HL4S-20TK32SF-11cm^2
Turbine Wheel Diameter = 52mm
Compressor Wheel Diameter = 58mm
Max Pressure Ratio = 3.16

b)
The trans and shifter assembly is completely new for the Caliber SRT4 which has reduced shift efforts and improved shift feel.

c)
The engine of the Caliber SRT4 has passed all the rigorous testing required to make it to production.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Team SRT said:
It's undetectable, thanks. :) Mostly, we appreciate the Amex Card left behind. We were tired of pizza, and the filet is *such* a welcome change.
True dat! Bring it to Belle Isle please...

·
Registered
345 Posts

svt2209 said:
It has been said by many that this car can't even touch the Neon Srt4. What is your take on this?
Well, at SRT Nationals in Memphis at the autocross, our Dynamics guy in the Caliber SRT4 beat the local hotshoe autocrosser in his SRT4 ACR (which had a couple degrees of front negative camber and 225 width Yokohama AVS ES100 tires) for the 3rd fastest time of the day (stability control not disabled). We also outran a Supercharged E36 M3 around the road course.

Please be patient and reserve judgement until you can drive it yourself.

·
Recalls & TSB Forum Moderator
202 Posts

In a previous SRT session one of the engineers stated, in response to a question about the Challenger SRT:

"...but quite frankly, there has been plenty of speculation already. If you are a true gearhead, I would suggest you pay close attention to this year's Woodward Dream Cruise..."

A lot of us paid pretty close attention to the Cruise this year, did we miss something?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Please forgive me if I am going the wrong way about posing a question to the SRT Team. I am rather new to all this forum stuff. I am not even sure if my question is beinf sent and received, so any confirmation would be appreciated
My question relates to my 2006 300c SRT8 having a front-end suspension (dull)rattle over certain washboard surfaces and sewer tops .

I have read at forum sites that other SRT8 owners are experiencing the same problem. Some have said there is a problem with the Bilstein shocks. I have taken my car to Toronto Chrysler here in Toronto, Canada. The shop foreman has not found any solution to date and when he has contacted a hot line they have not been able to offer any solution either. I am scheduled to take the car back to the dealer the first week of Sept so I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Ok this is concering knock and knock retard in the LX line of SRT cars.

Here is a dyno run on a warm 300c SRT with some mods.
Sorry about image size but I didnt want there to be any issues on reading the data from it.

Here is the same car on its 3rd dyno run no changes 93 octane gas Fans blowing on the front of the car and the ECT is under 200*

Looking at the retard on that, you have to wonder what its seeing as noise, there was no noticable knock or pinging during the run, we have been looking very hard into that.

Now here is another car getting dynoed and this is one a 100shot of Nitrous on a warm car ECT is under 200*

While looking at these it seems that the system is pulling a LOT of timing but its not seeing all that much from the knock sensors.

While some have insulated the sensors with washers and wraped them and we have not seen a reduction in the amount of retard we are seeing in modified cars.

Are these motors that close to the edge on timing that an increase in exhaust noise from say Headers/Intake/Cam/Heads it will start pulling timing in a protection mode when its not really seeing knock ?

These seem to be very very consertive in the timing dept from what I have been told from guys that tune cars that there could be a bit more to gain in this area.

Why does it seem that every aspect of these cars is has a "protect" from knock. Rich as heck fuel, consertive timing, quick to pull timing on a warm engine. The pistons are a known weak point even in unmodified cars, are they that much of an issue ?

Thanks for you input on this.

-Robert

·
Registered
345 Posts

6POINT1 said:
Does that mean us 06-07 "front-end clunkers" are on our own as far as a fix?
We are getting our hands on a customer car with a clunky front end for a couple of weeks this Friday! When we figure out what is going on we'lkl let you know.

If it wasn't for you forum guys and these chats, we probably wouldn't even know this is an issue. Thanks you.

·
Registered
345 Posts

NasaRacer said:
I hate to ask some many questions ... but another person that couldn't make this Q&A had this question.

From a 2008 LX press sheet, It said something about Apple Ipod Intergration being added to the the "Uconnect Module"

You guys have any info on how this system will work? Will there be a plug and cable to hook to your ipod?
Yes there is an Ipod interface, but it is called a "UCI".

·
Recalls & TSB Forum Moderator
202 Posts

Aside from the obvious feature changes for the 2008 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (telescoping wheel, MyGIG, HID's etc.), were there any other engineering changes/improvements/tweaks?

I like the new dash changes, but unfortunately the bean counters decided to delete the nice steering wheel Jeep logo, remove the Jeep logo from the shifter, and cheapened the SRT8 logo on the seats. Last year we lost the SRT door sills and headlamp beauty covers, I sure hope this "trend" does not continue...

·
Registered
345 Posts

HEMIN8R said:
Please forgive me if I am going the wrong way about posing a question to the SRT Team. I am rather new to all this forum stuff. I am not even sure if my question is beinf sent and received, so any confirmation would be appreciated
My question relates to my 2006 300c SRT8 having a front-end suspension (dull)rattle over certain washboard surfaces and sewer tops .

I have read at forum sites that other SRT8 owners are experiencing the same problem. Some have said there is a problem with the Bilstein shocks. I have taken my car to Toronto Chrysler here in Toronto, Canada. The shop foreman has not found any solution to date and when he has contacted a hot line they have not been able to offer any solution either. I am scheduled to take the car back to the dealer the first week of Sept so I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.
Please see #74. We're gonna be working on it thanks to you guys.

·
Registered
345 Posts

ResumeSpeed said:
In a previous SRT session one of the engineers stated, in response to a question about the Challenger SRT:

"...but quite frankly, there has been plenty of speculation already. If you are a true gearhead, I would suggest you pay close attention to this year's Woodward Dream Cruise..."

A lot of us paid pretty close attention to the Cruise this year, did we miss something?
The Dream Cruise was awesome for any gearhead. Sometimes our plans change on what we display. But you guys get information before a lot of us do, so sometimes this stuff happens.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.