Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Q&A Session IN PROGRESS [Wednesday, March 15th from 6pm to 8pm EST]

So when are you guys going to release some of the "performance oriented" GPEC1's into the mainstream? Also, how about some tuning capabilities for the aftermarket. DC made that mistake with the JTEC and NGC's...let's not do it with the GPEC's...please. What about the longevity of the CVT trans under higher performance configurations? How does the band hold up?

Last question: different rim/tire combinations...'someone' took the Rev/Mile option out of the StarScan on the LX platform - what's the deal with that?!? You can't set the pinion factor for 20's on a 3.5L 300. Is that now the same thing for the PM platform?

Yes...I am a DC tech and have already been playing around with the Calibers and some custom aftermarket pieces.

·
Registered
345 Posts

MoparRandy said:
Good Evening, Engineers:

I hate to ask this question on the Caliber Forum, but I really want an SRT Engineer to address this before another SRT product gets released with what I consider a major flaw. I have an SRT-8 Magnum and there is a severe delay (at least 500 RPM) in the 1-2 shift when the AutoStick is used in manual mode. I know this is software related and I have all the latest versions, yet there is still a painful delay. Is anyone working to correct this? I am tired of bumping the rev limiter everytime I drive the car for maximum performance.

Thanks,

Randy
Keep in mind that in manual mode there is no auto upshift so you might be waiting too long and bumping the rev limiter. Max torque is rated at 4400 rpm so you might try pulling the handle a bit quicker.

·
Registered
8 Posts

is the 300hp and 260tq at the wheels like the current model is rated at the wheels? your post before pointed to this and 3rd gear wheel spin also. lastly how much with the srt4 caliber weight

·
Registered
2 Posts

Is the A/C required to be on for the beverage "chill zone" to work?

·
Registered
118 Posts

Team SRT said:
At a bare minimum, the "killer" Kicker system will be offered by Mopar.
(Hi Joe)
Is it true the Kicker system knocks the rearview mirror off the windshield, so the delay in production is due to the search for a better adhesive?

·
Registered
4 Posts

It's not that cold in there.

·
Registered
345 Posts

magnum2point0 said:
Well last question for you guys: IS THE CALIBER, ALL MODELS, GOING TO BE TUNERS, EASILY MODDED, AS NEONS WERE? I am a perspective buyer. I like the Dodge small engine line. Good on gas, when you don't abuse, and great power on the track when you do abuse. You guys pitched a great car today. Thanks. I still think that the Caliber is too boxy. Looks like a small ram from the front and a magnum from the back. Should have designed the look a little more sleek and aerodynamic. Like a sports car. Especially the SRT-4 Caliber.
Thanks for the good words. We'll try to lin\ve up to your expectations

·
Registered
345 Posts

bluev2srt said:
is the 300hp and 260tq at the wheels like the current model is rated at the wheels? your post before pointed to this and 3rd gear wheel spin also. lastly how much with the srt4 caliber weight
Rating rules have recently changed, and we're playing by those rules. The vehicle weighs around 3200 Lbs

·
Registered
345 Posts

bluev2srt said:
Engines are rated on the dyno , read car and driver this month from Larry Webester. We are still working on the weight question.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Very cool I cant wait to see it and most of all hear it!!!! The car is a very sweet ride I might Have to step up and beg the wife for one

·
Registered
1 Posts

Did SRT decide to bulid the the new SRT-4 to compete with the Porsche Cayenne Turbo???

·
Registered
7 Posts

A Caliber question:

How many beers fit on that ledge on the rear hatch right below the window?

241 - 257 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.