Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Re: Q&A Session IN PROGRESS [Wednesday, March 15th from 6pm to 8pm EST]

Ryan @ Dark Syde Racing said:
Hello Team SRT,

As the owner of Dark Syde Performance in fairbanks AK, I have run into some issues with the cold and performance in the cold (we are talking -30 to -50) I am planning on picking up a caliber SRT when they hit the lots (already have my dealer/sponsor ready when they are released). my question will pertain to the oil cooler setup currently used on the SRT-4. I have done some of my own R&D on this setup and I have found that the placement of the factory cooler (which I needed to reroute) is prone to losing the deflecter and able to sustain a heavy amount of road debris which in the end has damaged the cooler core (I have seen this on 4 local SRT's as well). I was wondering if your platform will keep the oil cooler in the same location or if it will be infact routed towards the front of the vehicle possibly behind the FMIC and in front of the radiator. Also another issue I have witnessed first hand on the srt-4 that concerns me is the placement of the radiator overflow bottle. With alot of customers going big turbo or putting aftermarket parts on that increase EG Temps, has there been any other thoughts of possibly moving that bottle from the factory? Lastly will the caliber be built with a fuel rail that has a schrader valve?
It seems that you are talking about the Neon power steering cooler, not the oil cooler. Thanks for the reccomendations. When you look at the Caliber, you'll notice that it is a completely different car.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Team SRT said:
Forget all about the university and the master degree and boring classes........to work here you just have to pass 1 big test. If you wanna know more about that, let me know. I am fresh out of the university, and I know what I am talking about.......

Oh you SRT people are such teases. This is me letting you know that I want to hear about the one big test. Let's have it.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

ryanlasher said:
what is up with the rumors that that caliber will infact be rear wheel drive? I know all the press stuff says FWD but i have been hearing that it might be rear wheel drive and that dodge just wants to keep it underwraps untill closer to the launch date. Can you 100% say that the srt4 will infact be fwd only?
Ryan
Rumors are always fun.........as we have said numerous times....the SRT 4 will be FWD

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

magnum2point0 said:
Wow the SRT-4 Neon doesn't have cruise control? My '03 Neon R/T does. And it is a 5 speed.
The Caliber SRT4 will definitely be available with cruise control. This will, in my experience, help reduce those expressway speeding tickets!

·
Registered
11 Posts

this is a question that i think you guys answered long ago but wasnt entirely clear about the answer. on the inside of the stock airbox in the SRT-4 it has the pretty circle just sitting there...almost like it was suppost to be functional but when it came time for production the idea was kicked to the side. is this circle on the inside just how the top on the airbox is made or is there more to the story???

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

Rambit said:
No brake questions for me tonight. Just wanted to say thank you to Adam Forte, DCX Manager of SRT LX Vehicle Synthesis for agreeing to come out to the LX Platform SoCal Meet & Greet 25 March in Irvine, CA. I'll be there and driving from Ontario, Canada. Do I sound excited or what? For those of you who don't know, he's the guy who transforms these cars into SRT8's!!! Of course not just him...hehe.

Rambit
Forte is our car jockey. Don't bother him tommorow, it is supposed to snow tonight and he'll be doing a lot of cleanup. Manager? That's funny.

·
Registered
6 Posts

ok i read earlier that the price you guys are going for is bang for the buck, will that mean about the same as then neon srt4? can you give an estimated range?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

cormikeday said:
this is a question that i think you guys answered long ago but wasnt entirely clear about the answer. on the inside of the stock airbox in the SRT-4 it has the pretty circle just sitting there...almost like it was suppost to be functional but when it came time for production the idea was kicked to the side. is this circle on the inside just how the top on the airbox is made or is there more to the story???
What circle???

·
Registered
11 Posts

will the PT Cruiser's "Hurst Short throw" fit in the Neon SRT-4 the same way that the Mopar Short throw fits? when i mean fit, i mean fit without having to "rig" the shifter cables and such.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

magnum2point0 said:
u81 I get the same wheel hopping out of the hole with my '03 R/T. Is the Caliber equipt to handle this flaw?
Because wheel hop is a complicated issue with many inputs no solution is 100 perfect. The Caliber SRT 4 will give a very good account of itself on this score.......

·
Registered
4 Posts

Q: so how loud is the srt-4 caliber going to be..... if it was going to have the same exhaust as the current srt-4 has... ??

·
Registered
4 Posts

Team SRT said:
What circle???
That's been answered already. It was meant that you could cut it out and the hole above it to get a ram air CAI from the hood scoop.... But it isn't really worth it. It aparently didn't gain much.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

WSUpenguin said:
ok i read earlier that the price you guys are going for is bang for the buck, will that mean about the same as then neon srt4? can you give an estimated range?
We haven't announced pricing, but yup--we're going to deliver "bang for the buck".

121 - 140 of 257 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.