Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
The session is in progress, please post your questions only after reading the entire thread to assure your question has not already been asked and answered. Please remember Team SRT will not answer questions on future product development.

Medic

Ok everyone that magic time has come when we get to off and talk about all the questions you gave us tonight. Thanks to all for a great session and stay tuned. Thanks also for following the rules and helping us get to all of the questions. We'll see you again next month and we'll give you a little more notice on which forum we'll be on (my bad).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Q&A Session IN PROGRESS [Wednesday, September 13th from 6pm to 8pm EST]

Have you been pleased with the results from the Targa car (SRT4)? I know the suspension lacks the proper travel for a gravel rally car but it looks like it's doing ok on the tarmac.

Andrew

·
Registered
447 Posts

Will the Caliber SRT-4 be throttle by wire or will it have a mechanical linkage?

Any word on price points and final performance specs (0-60, cornering g's, etc)

Going off of Unoriginal's final request, if you need a test mule in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'd be happy to oblidge.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

Welcome to Caliberforums.com! I've enjoyed reading through your other SRT chat sessions and look forward to tonights! Enclosed are my questions related to the Caliber SRT4 specifically... appreciate and look forward to your responses; and moreso being able to have one next year!

My Questions
--------------
(1) What gear will the Caliber SRT4 need to be in to reach 60MPH? Reading a recent review on the MazdaSpeed3 it pointed out that the MS3 needs a shift into 3rd to reach 60MPH and I was hoping to find out what gear the SRT4 will use.

We will be there in 2nd

(2) What is the weight of the cast alloy 19 x 7.5 wheels without tires? Do you also know what the weight will be with the P255/45ZR19 Performance Goodyears?

Will come back on this one

(3) If/when there are going to possible stage kit(s); what would be a reasonable timeline for those details to come available even if the decision is that there will be no kits?

All the aftermarket goodies are currently in development and it is a bit too early to talk about them yet. Not sure when we will announce but stay tuned here on the forums.

(4) In an SRT chat several months ago the details on the electronic torque control were just being worked out and you left us with the comment "that you'll be able to do whatever your heart desires"... anything new that you can share in terms of what functions/features will be available in the prodcution version SRT4?

Nope sorry. We're still a little too far away from launch to spill all the beans.

Second part to that question, SCC pointed out that the MazdaSpeed3's torque reduction efforts affect the first three gears... how many gears are affected on the SRT4 setup?

Again, we are still in final development but you can bet we will try and give you all that we can.

(5) This year the Caliber switched over from 2006.5 to 2007 in the July timeframe which included some small changes. Will the Caliber SRT4 also switch over any if at all changes in the July 2007 timeframe when the factory is shut down or can model year changes come at any point in the year? I am not asking what those changes would be as it is un-released product, moreso am just interested in how the supply chain works.

Actually there are certain rules the government gives us on model years. That said, we have not indicated specifically when the car will launch so I can't really answer that part of the question. We will make that determination later in the year

(6) Are there any prodcution quantity limits? I.e. SCC reported that the MazdaSpeed3 would be limited to just 5,000 units... I believe the goal for the first SRT4 was something like 10,000 and nearly 25,000 were sold during its production; ... so will the amount of Caliber SRT4's available be limited to a specific number as is the MS3 or will it simply depend on supply and demand? Can you share what the unit goal for the new SRT4 or do we wait for that kind of information to show up in magazine write ups?

Our limits are 1 fewer than market demand as best we can determine it.

(7) Is it true that previous generation SRT4 actually tipped the scales lighter than the claimed curb weight? As the 3189lbs for the Caliber SRT4 is estimated (as is HP/TQ etc. on the spec sheet) when do all those things become official?

Yes it is true, but it also tipped the hp meter considerably lower
...and perhaps most importantly :) lol
(8) If you need a volunteer to drive an SRT4 test mule through a harsh Canadian winter, I'd be more than willing to help :) anything for the greater good

Well we just keep your beneficence

the wheel weighs about 25-30 lbs and the tire is about 20......

·
Registered
4 Posts

Please don't tell me it'll be ETC (darn GPEC's). ;)

(1) What about transmission options: CVT, 6SPD, Dual Range Transaxle?

(2) Will there be controller upgrades? Mopar Performance (Stage1 at minimum)?

(3) Pinion Factor Options in the StarScan/Mobile?

(4) What Turbocharger will be used? (Fixed/Variable/Electronic or still manual/electronic wastegate)

(5) ESP Options?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a jeep srt 8 and there is a thud between the 2nd and 3rd shift. Have you figured out the problem and will there be a solution soon.

we have figured out that the "thud" actually has to do with the t case and the way it checks it's starting position....we're working on possible solutions now....stay tuned...

·
Registered
43 Posts

Question asked on behalf of MrHappy (300cforums), who couldn't be here -

I'd like to know how soon soon is for the 1-2 shift hesitation tsb, and moreso, will the 07's need it? (ie - had their code already been updated) Please!

the tsb is imminent and should be out any day....the '07's are good to go as is....hjh

·
Registered
43 Posts

Question asked on behalf of Jakez (300cforums), who couldn't be here -

...ask if we could somehow get our Kicker system reflashed to match the '07s. (Surround Sound)

We don't know at this time. Please check with your local dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Question asked on behalf of Ken Lally (300cforums), who couldn't be here -

...ask if the next Viper will be shown at VOI (Vegas 9/24), thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 300c srt8 that has a build date of 12-10-05. It now has 10,900 miles on it and it has had had a problem with smoke out of the exhaust at start up. It happens after the car has sat for at lease 3 or 4 hours, but not every time. I have had it to two dealers and one was able to recreate the smoke but has no idea what it is. I see on the 300forums.com that others have had the same problem. Is chrysler aware of this

We read your question earlier today and are discussing possible causes.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Question asked on behalf of yubyub (300cforums), who couldn't be here -

...I'd love to hear their opinion of the use of 89 octane in a 6.1L engine. I know it's not recommended - but is it safe (i.e. will it kill the engine)?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Can SRT Engineers give details as to why the trailer hitch for the GC SRT8 is taking so long to come out? What is the real dilemma?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I had the slotted rotors installed today and the dealer did not replace the pads. They said the squeeling will be gone now that the rotors have been replaced? Is this correct?

·
Registered
22 Posts

Does Daimler Chrysler have any plans to start some sort of owner loyalty rebates for previous buyers of brand new srt's? (Bought a brand new neon srt-4, considering a caliber srt-4, for example.)

·
Registered
3 Posts

Very little "official" information has been heard/released about the upcoming Challenger since the announcement of production back in early July of '06.
What can you tell us about available engines, transmissions and trim levels for the Challenger when it's released, as well as production numbers and plant location?
Will there be an SRT model?
Can you verify or deny that a bigger (than the 6.1L) engine is under developement for the Challenger, and if so, when it may be available?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Has DC decided what power stages will be available for Caliber SRT4?

Currently, it seems like the stock Caliber SRT4 has already tapped into the maximums of bolt-ons, i.e. bigger FMIC, better CAI, bigger TB, bigger exhuast, better clutch, bigger injector, bigger fuel pump and so on. So it seems like with the current setup the max power has been attained. The only step up would be bigger turbo. So what's the future for these stages?

Thanks!
..Ben

·
Registered
345 Posts

asutherl said:
Have you been pleased with the results from the Targa car? I know the suspension lacks the proper travel for a gravel rally car but it looks like it's doing ok on the tarmac.

Andrew
So far, so good. We're confident we can contest for the win in the Unlimited class with this car (which, by the way, is not a production SRT vehicle, although it's sponsored by SRT in the event...).

·
Registered
4 Posts

Where is Group "9" (Engine) on Tech Connect guys? All of the other data is available except that.

Sorry, is this a service question? Not sure what you are asking and we don't have any service guys with us here tonight.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Amandyke said:
Will the Caliber SRT-4 be throttle by wire or will it have a mechanical linkage?

Throttle by wire.........

Any word on price points and final performance specs (0-60, cornering g's, etc)

Pricing and specs haven't been released yet.........

Going off of Unoriginal's final request, if you need a test mule in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'd be happy to oblidge.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Please note...questions regarding future product development will be deleted.

Medic

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.