Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I change the front quartter lights for a 15 led bulbs the thing is that when I turn the directional it blinks more constant that the normal bulbs and the car make a sound like when you forget put your seatbelt. Anyone knows whats the problem, I think maybe is the voltage, i don´t know

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
primo said:
hi, I change the front quartter lights for a 15 led bulbs the thing is that when I turn the directional it blinks more constant that the normal bulbs and the car make a sound like when you forget put your seatbelt. Anyone knows whats the problem, I think maybe is the voltage, i don´t know
It is the voltage. I believe the LED's draw less voltage, so the Caliber thinks the bulb is burnt out.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You need to buy bulbs made for a Dodge. The part that controls the blinking thinks there is a problem with the bulbs because of the resistance of the LEDs being less that a standard bulb.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if u know anything about electronics, i wud grab a volt-ohm meter and test the resistance of the stock bulbs, then the reistance of the leds, then toss some resistors into the circuit to level it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i will serch the specs of the bulbs and go for the right ones

·
Registered
198 Posts
LEDs are not resistive. They light with 20mA of current.

To slow down the flash, you need to install a LOAD RESISTOR, in parallel (not series) to the LED lights. This will create a resistive load, but, allow the LEDs to bypass with thier required 20mA, hence lighting them. The BCM or flasher will then act accordingly.

One note about LEDs in the tails- filament bulbs are used because they throw light 360 degrees (actually in all planes). LEDs are directional (towards the back for example). The Caliber's rear lights are alos the side markers when the filment bulbs are used. With LEDs, you loose the "side marker" light. There are LEDs designed with mini ones aimed to the sides, more $ of course.

To answer your Q, you need a load resistor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts