Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone on here now about our rights to cancel an order. I have seen a few people say that they have cancelled their order, but when I asked the Dealership, they said no. I have to wait the 90days for the Bill Of Sale to expire with written notice. I still want a Caliber, I just want to deal with someone else. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Ian

·
Registered
689 Posts
Bucks said:
Hi guys,

Does anyone on here now about our rights to cancel an order. I have seen a few people say that they have cancelled their order, but when I asked the Dealership, they said no. I have to wait the 90days for the Bill Of Sale to expire with written notice. I still want a Caliber, I just want to deal with someone else. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Ian
Not sure about Canada, but technically you don't have a car, and unless you ordered a weird color or options Caliber, the dealer should allow you to back out. If you have a deposit down, they should return that too, Calibers are in high demand, and they won't have a problem selling your order, if it comes in. Talk to the manager over a salesperson, a salesperson doesn't want to loose his sale and commission.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They may not refund a deposit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
True, but with a high demand car, unless like I said it was ordered with weird combinations that won't sell as quick, they shouldn't be that petty, bad word of mouth and a lost customer for life is not worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am being told I can't cancel by the Dealership. Lossing the deposit is not a worry. What I am getting from the replies is that they have to let me out, I just can't say bye. So it looks like I am stuck. This is a five star dealership, obviously other people have no problems. We're just not getting along and I was hoping to go somewhere else.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Post the name of the dealership and email if you have it, a mass email from a forum of people complaining that they think the dealerships business practice sucks, and that they are going to spread the news, might make a difference. hehehehehehe;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
i like this dark and cruel aproach you are speaking of ejfb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, it's not something I could do.

The Dealership has rubbed me the wrong way but it's obvious that others have not had the some experience, or they wouldn't have 5 stars, right?

I still might have a chance to cxl and move on. When I talked to them last, they said it was in D1 and on its way here. Should be arriving on June 20th.

My understanding is the above statement doesn't work. D1 is it's scheduled to be built. Which leads me to believe the June 20th is the build date. So by the time it is built and delivered, it should be beyond my 90 days, which is July 10th.

Hopefully, by the time all is said and done. All Dealerships will have stock to choose from and I could just drive away from another Dealership in a new Caliber.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You have every right to cancel an order at any time, even after you take delivery. If I'm not mistaken, I think you have up to a few weeks after you take delivery that you can still cancel and hand the car back. There are SO MANY policies in place to protect the consumer from the "evil dealership"... lol I too have cancelled my order because I noticed that the sales manager tried to snow me over with our deal - BIG TIME! I have a feeling that I won't get the deposit back which is total greed by the sales manager - also him just being a total asshat doesn't help either. Write a letter stating that you want to cancel your deal and that's all that you need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The back of the purchase agreement states that I can write a letter to cancel the order after 90 days of no delivery. I am hoping someone can point me in a direction where I can find out what legal rights I have. I've signed the agreement, maybe I have no rights. I just don't want to write the letter and in a couple of months find out that the Dealership is coming after me for cancellation charges or penalty fees??? or something.

I've tried searches through google. Does anyone know of helpful web sites?

·
Registered
689 Posts
You don't even have to accept the car at delivery if you don't want to, you can claim anything you want and don't have to accept it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As far as the order, the dealership has next to no rights and the customer has all the power. Don't let the dealership strongarm you into going forth with the deal if you don't want to. They'll try to intimidate you, but remember - there's nothing legally they can do to you other than being an asshole and keeping your deposit. The bill of sale is only an "offer" and not the real contract, that's why you sign the finance agreement or the lease agreement when you sign the car. Even after THAT, you still have some legal rights to hand the car back (I just can't remember the time frame). I'm in the midst of doing this same thing with a Hamilton Dodge dealer when I found out that how the bill of sale was written up was crooked - they tried to snowball me, but since I'm in the business I picked up on it. I know that I'll probably lose my deposit, but there's nothing that they can do to me (or you) legally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I tried canceling my order today. It didn't work. The Dealership would not accept my letter. I'm really upset that I dealt with this Dealership now. When we were talking, the time frame came up. We've been waiting 11 weeks. We made the comment we would not have ordered if it was going to take this long. We were told 4 to 6 weeks. He told us he never said that(Sales Manager). At the sametime the Sales Person we dealt with was nodding her head yes. I don't understand why people have to lie, or can not own up to what they say.

We walked away. Does anyone know what they can do to us? I know I'm losing my deposit, but is that all?

Ian

·
Registered
689 Posts
Post the dealerships name and address here, even better, an email address. A bunch of emails from an internet forum complaining about their practice might make a difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I cancelled my initial order and received the security deposit yesterday in the mail. I didn't burn any bridges with the dealership, even though they didn't work for me at all. I think that helped me get my deposit back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys,

One more question as I believe I have found a way out on the OMVIC web page.

I know we know of all the delays with DCX building the Caliber. Do you think it is reasonable to assume that all Dodge Dealerships should too and should inform you of such?

I guess that's 2 questions.

Ian

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bucks said:
Hi guys,

One more question as I believe I have found a way out on the OMVIC web page.

I know we know of all the delays with DCX building the Caliber. Do you think it is reasonable to assume that all Dodge Dealerships should too and should inform you of such?

I guess that's 2 questions.

Ian
They already DO give you an estimated time frame in which to expect your car (and even that is probably not guaranteed, by the fine print legalese of a sales order).

For orders that DO take longer than that estimate, (especially when orders are still D or less status when the end of the estimated time frame is reached), I agree it would be good customer service for a salesperson to do a little investigating to find out why.

Managing your customer's expectations is quite important (as important as MEETING their expectations), no matter what industry you're in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts