Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new here. I've had my car on order since 7/10. and the lastest from my dealer is that the compass was being built on the same line as the caliber and that was the reason for the delay. two quesations:

Does this sound kosher or is the dealer blowing smoke?:confused:

As for the sport package SXT any body have any reason they stop showing (if so could that be the reason for my long delay)?

Russ
-----------
SXT Sport
Black
DCG/SecG/Musicgate/Sunroof
ON ORDER:mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have the dealer tell u what staus your car is in. I'll give u an example. If he says D or D-1, ur getting close. I'm not sure what all the codes mean. I'm sure someone will chime in here soon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow, I just realized when u ordered the car. We ordered ours 7/25 and it came in around 9/20

·
Registered
154 Posts
It also could depend on the dealer. There are 8 Dodge dealers in a 50 mile radius to me. The dealer I ordered from is pretty big and they can get them real quick ( 2 months) others can take much longer. It depends on the size and sales volume of the dealer as to how much Dodge will allocate to them. Mine was orderd 8/6 and went to D status on 8/20, I got it on 9/27. There's also a dealer nearby that get 2 or 3 a week but they are still charging over sticker!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for about 6 weeks they said that it wasn't schedualed. then they tell me tat my sells man leftthe dealership, then about 2 weeks later they fianlly say that the car moved to BG which from what I've read is on hold. then I go in ther a week ago and they tell me the story about the compass.

Arghhhhhhhhh:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ox0069 said:
Ok, I'm new here. I've had my car on order since 7/10. and the lastest from my dealer is that the compass was being built on the same line as the caliber and that was the reason for the delay. two quesations:

Does this sound kosher or is the dealer blowing smoke?:confused:

As for the sport package SXT any body have any reason they stop showing (if so could that be the reason for my long delay)?

Russ
-----------
SXT Sport
Black
DCG/SecG/Musicgate/Sunroof
ON ORDER:mad:

Yes, actually there are/ will be three cars on the same assembly line as the Caliber. Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass and Patriot

I noticed that the SXT Sport was removed from the site, but were told in another thread that they are still being made and that is a mistake on the dodge.com build site. Actually it has more than one error.

Call your dealer and ask what the status is on the car. Here is the build code you will need to cross reference when/ if they give you one:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1716

·
Registered
267 Posts
dgksleeper said:
Have the dealer tell u what staus your car is in. I'll give u an example. If he says D or D-1, ur getting close. I'm not sure what all the codes mean. I'm sure someone will chime in here soon.
"Close" is also a relative term meaning sometime in the future LOL

Mine was in D/D1 status forever (and alot of others here have had the same experience). Now mine is on a US rail line tour, hopefully ending up here before the stop making trains :)

(I joke to relieve frustration, it's all good)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And here i though I was getting the run around just because it seems like I always get the run around. I'm glad others have or are having felt my pain

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moving in the right direction. Talked to my dealer today and my order has moved form BG to BX. Now it can be schedualed, Let's see how long this takes..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good Luck...I ordered mine on -7/12 and it went to BX on Monday of 10/09 then went right back to BG on Wednesday of 10/11

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dergon01 said:
Good Luck...I ordered mine on -7/12 and it went to BX on Monday of 10/09 then went right back to BG on Wednesday of 10/11
Just had the same luck. went from Bx to BG to BX to BG to BX to BG to BX to BG to BX to BG (i have the feeling I'm repeting my self)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts