Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I hope this question is okay to ask)

My husband and I are seriously looking at getting a Caliber SXT. We both like what it has to offer our little family. However, we are basically limited in finances. We really want to get a new car (mainly safety reasons), but are not sure if we can get the Caliber for the price we want. Our other option would be to get a used car. Anyhow, we are looking to get the Caliber for under the MSRP. Has anyone from Canada (we are in Vancouver, BC) gotten their SXT for under $20,000?

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can try! If you can, find a DC employee and ask for a "control" number. With it, you get the REAL employee pricing, which was about $800 less than the published "family" price. Our R/T with ALL options and taxes was $30,000 CDN.

According to the dc.ca site, an SE with no options, is $15,995.00, about $17,045 with all taxes in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Since it's an '07 model, i'm sure they won't be doing any incentives on them for awhile. Especially since they can't even build them fast enough. Usually that stuff happens when they have trouble selling their inventory, so you might have to wait a year or so before getting a "deal" on a new one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. We know exactly what we want and are willing to wait for an order if we have to. I guess what we really want is a dealer who is willing to work with us and not push us into getting what we don't want.

My husband went to car cost canada dot ca (I think that was the name of the site) today and searched for what the dealer gets the car for wholesale so we know exactly what they have to work with.

The SXT with the additions we want comes to $20,290. If the dealer is just willing to go down $290, we would be happy to give our business to them (that is, if we find their services to be satisfactory as well). The first (and so far only) dealer we went to refused to budge and tried pushing a 'returned' SXT on us that had extra's we didn't want.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Do internet searching in your area to find a vehicle and email a dealer and ask them if they would be willing to sell whatever car for your price. If you are willing to wait for an ordered car, ask them if they would order a car for you for a discount or dealer cost. Do that to each and every dealer in your area, you might be surprised that one might bite.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Similyn said:
(I hope this question is okay to ask)

My husband and I are seriously looking at getting a Caliber SXT. We both like what it has to offer our little family. However, we are basically limited in finances. We really want to get a new car (mainly safety reasons), but are not sure if we can get the Caliber for the price we want. Our other option would be to get a used car. Anyhow, we are looking to get the Caliber for under the MSRP. Has anyone from Canada (we are in Vancouver, BC) gotten their SXT for under $20,000?
I bought SXT 2.0 cvt with cruise and security group for $20,490.00,
however was given $1150.00 off for paying cash or $19340.00.

·
Registered
198 Posts
RadioDude said:
Since it's an '07 model, i'm sure they won't be doing any incentives on them for awhile.
Just ask- they moved $1200 on our the first time by asking for the "family" price, then again when we gave the control number. Mind you, this one was on the lot, not order, and we paid cash.

·
Registered
253 Posts
sxt sport for 18300 in grande praire ab

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
seeing i can not start a thread. how do you find your calaber in this now ice and rezzing rain

·
Registered
253 Posts
there is more to it then just the tiers. i find the fierstones to be uesles yes, but what about ones ass end comeing to meet them. how are they in the deep white sh!t 12in or more stuff like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts