Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a caliber, want to find out if we want/need to add a feature to the order.

A Caliber we test drove had the Tire Pressure Monitoring Display & Fuel Mileage Display. I'm interested in the Fuel Mileage Display, but not the Tire Pressure Display. I could not find anything about the Fuel Mileage Display in the options listing.

Can anyone tell me if it's all part of the same option/system (Driver Convenience Group)?

Is there anyone that does NOT have the Tire Pressure Monitoring Display but DOES have the Fuel Mileage Display?

....just trying to figure out of the Fuel Mileage Display is standard & the Tire Pressure Display is an added option or if they are all one system.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
901 Posts
jmettee said:
Just ordered a caliber, want to find out if we want/need to add a feature to the order.

A Caliber we test drove had the Tire Pressure Monitoring Display & Fuel Mileage Display. I'm interested in the Fuel Mileage Display, but not the Tire Pressure Display. I could not find anything about the Fuel Mileage Display in the options listing.

Can anyone tell me if it's all part of the same option/system (Driver Convenience Group)?

Is there anyone that does NOT have the Tire Pressure Monitoring Display but DOES have the Fuel Mileage Display?

....just trying to figure out of the Fuel Mileage Display is standard & the Tire Pressure Display is an added option or if they are all one system.

Thanks
J
It's all one package (Driver Conv Group). On Calibers without this pkg, that display screen stays blank/off all the time. But, on the screen on the right, where the odometer is, you do still get an outdoor temp display.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yep, all that shiz is part of the Driver Convienience Package. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Driver Convenience Package??????

Try changing the display with where they put the button to make the changes.

You really have to take your eye off the road and try and angle your hand/arm to make the change. A little less difficult on the right-hand one.

Has anyone who has driven their Caliber with the DrCoPackage found this annoying, or woud I get used to it if I ordered it when I order my Caliber?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
GregoriusM said:
Driver Convenience Package??????

Try changing the display with where they put the button to make the changes.

You really have to take your eye off the road and try and angle your hand/arm to make the change. A little less difficult on the right-hand one.

Has anyone who has driven their Caliber with the DrCoPackage found this annoying, or woud I get used to it if I ordered it when I order my Caliber?

Thanks!
Yea, I agree - it IS annoying.

Tuesday night, I was driving down the road trying to do just that ... while also checking out my new hairstyle in the rearview mirror to make sure the breeze wasn't knocking any hair out of place, looking out the side windows scoping out the chicks in bikinis waltzing along the boulevard, and watching the 'Gilmore Girls' on my portable console TV... :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Harley said:
Yea, I agree - it IS annoying.

Tuesday night, I was driving down the road trying to do just that ... while also checking out my new hairstyle in the rearview mirror to make sure the breeze wasn't knocking any hair out of place, looking out the side windows scoping out the chicks in bikinis waltzing along the boulevard, and watching the 'Gilmore Girls' on my portable console TV... :eek: :rolleyes:
Heheh, that funny....:D:eek::cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just can't find this info on the Dodge website. Besides tire pressure & fuel mileage, what else does this module display?

Thx
J

·
Registered
746 Posts
it also gives you a compass, thermometer, your radio info ie: cd# and track #, i'm betting if you had sirius satalite it'd say that too, it let's you know how far you've got till your tank is dry. it also let's you calibrate things like whether or not you want your lights to stay on after you lock your car, or your horn to honk when you lock, interior lights to come on when unlocking, whether or not all locks open with one tap of the button or a sequential unlocking, also you cna set how long the power stays on inside the vehicle when it's off or until you open a door, you can change readings from metric to barbarian... i mean imperical...:D that's just off the top of my head... did i miss anything?? oh yeah you can also calibrate your compass and set it to where ever your region is... i'm in region 9.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it does all that too? Sounds like something that should be built into the standard IP display with all that control.

Makes me think we should add it to our vehicle order. Shouldn't be a problem (I hope) since we don't have a VON yet....ordered almost 2 weeks ago.

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts