Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all who have placed factory orders and used the Friends/Family discount:
Has anyone received a VIN and or delivery date yet? I have been reading this forum for 8 weeks now and it seems that most orders are being delivered in 4-5 weeks. I placed mine on 03/04/06 and my order was removed from the schedule on 04/18/06,(BX to BG) one day before the Friends/Family discount was cancelled for Calibers. strange coincidence?? maybe/ maybe not. It seems that DCX does not want to build my car. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Order details: SXT, Inferno Red, 24E package, driver convienence group and musicgate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Desjardins said:
its not that dcx doesn't want to build your car its your dealer that doesn't have allocation for it.
Steve, I don't have a very good understanding of how dealer allocation works. I know that a dealer gets a certain amount of slots per month, but don't those slots open up in a new month? I could understand no slots for March, but I assumed I'd get the first slot for April.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your dealer probably has earned very few, possibly no, allocations. The oldest sold order is picked up first. Your order is BG because all Calibers, except for the 24D SXT, are scheduled out for May production.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TommyLee said:
Your dealer probably has earned very few, possibly no, allocations. The oldest sold order is picked up first. Your order is BG because all Calibers, except for the 24D SXT, are scheduled out for May production.
Finally, an answer that makes sense, Thank You. Why couldn't DCX or the dealer tell me that?!? I understand there is a strong demand for the Caliber and taking that into consideration, I am going to accept an incoming vehicle from a competing dealer and cancel this order. I'll be giving up the E package, but as long I get Musicgate and the Alloy wheels, I can live with Silver trim inside. Again, Thanks TommyLee and Steve D.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Damn - that's bad news to hear about green-sheet purchases being nixed.
I was counting on being able to do a green-sheet purchase. It would have probably made about a $2-3K difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CrashTest said:
Damn - that's bad news to hear about green-sheet purchases being nixed.
I was counting on being able to do a green-sheet purchase. It would have probably made about a $2-3K difference.

It's not completely eliminated, if you're an immediate family member or retiree, it still applies. In my case it was a difference of 993.00.

·
Registered
384 Posts
What if you work for an affiliate company that offers you the DCS F&F discount? Are you still eligible to use it on the Caliber? Or no because you are not immediate employees/family/retirees?

As far as I know, I am still getting the F&F because my dealership hasn't said anything about my order....

·
Registered
245 Posts
katiescaliber said:
What if you work for an affiliate company that offers you the DCS F&F discount? Are you still eligible to use it on the Caliber? Or no because you are not immediate employees/family/retirees?

As far as I know, I am still getting the F&F because my dealership hasn't said anything about my order....
In terms of program handling it is always best to go directly to the people administering it. What you will want to ask is program eligibility for the 2007 Dodge Caliber.

DaimlerChrysler Affiliate Rewards:
1-888-444-4321 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST)
www.dc-rewards.com

DaimlerChrysler Employee Advantage / Friends & Family Program:
1-800-756-2886 (Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST)
www.dc-employeeadvantage.com

They should be able to make the determination if the Caliber is an applicable vehicle for each of these programs. If any changes are made, they are the first ones to find out.

Dan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke with a District Manager (NY dealerships) yesterday and was told exactly what TommyLee said; no E packages until May. He also said that Friends and Family Discounts on current orders will be honored. At this point, I'm keeping the order and waiting. I visited 2 other dealers that had Calibers in stock and neither would give me more than 2300.00 for trade (99 Explorer). Both stated that with high gas prices, they wouldn't sell. If I cancel, I lose 1200.00 on the trade and 993.00 discount. So, I will wait at least 4 more weeks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey all. Wow I feel really lucky sorta... I had an Elantra due to finances. But my credit rating is really good now. I got hit in the Right front quarter panel and it got knocked off the frame: now he was going fast my car snapped back and our back ends hit and I ended up in the left lane instead of the right. Total loss. Well, I got my 2000 down payment from insurance company on Tuesday. ;) Saturday I went to Bellevue Dodge. I test drove a black sxt. 2.0 L. I wanted Marine Blue. They had one in Portland. So I upgraded to get what they already had. the 24E. Sport package Sunroof heated seats MusicGate speed control. I used the affiliate program deal so it was sweet. Even sweeter as I see how hard it would have been to order it. I guess it was in the stars for me to have this car. Hope everyone gets their car soon. Mine is at the dealership going through the point check I could get it tomorrow but for sure by Wednesday. This is my first post sorry if I rambled. Mia

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry about the accident, glad you are okay.

Congratulations on the new car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts