Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my caliber isnt here yet but im wondering if i will have the body color grill or the chrome grill...i REALLY REALLY would like to have a body color grill....but i was wondering if there is any way of telling if you are getting a chrome grill or body color grill....the reason i ask is because ive seen SXTs in both body color and chrome and ive seen SXT Sport's in chrome and body color...i will have (hopefully VERY soon) the SXT Sport in black and if anyone happens to know what options you need to get a chrome/or body color grill let me know....thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Originally when i found out about the Chrome grill replacement to body color...i was furious! But the more i look at it...i kind of like the Color matched grill more now! I guess i will see what i have in 13 days!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
I personally love the body color...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Hey,
Yah...some like and some don't. It Really should be an option for the buyer though. Maybe i am just conditioning myself to like it as i probably won't have the chrome :).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
umf said:
Hey,
Yah...some like and some don't. It Really should be an option for the buyer though. Maybe i am just conditioning myself to like it as i probably won't have the chrome :).
Yeah it was really strange, I originally liked the body color, but after seeing it in person the chrome has been growing on me has has taken over.

It is definately personal preference, and you're right, it should be an option at the cost of $25 for the chrome one.

Has it really been confirmed that they are doing the chrome grill as an option, maybe Dan can help us out with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Joe, you will not succeed in brainwashing these people..:D

Everyone, don't listen to Joe, he rapes little monkeys..:eek:


just messing...or am I??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I feel pretty much the same way. When I decided on the SXT, I wanted to have a body-colour grille, but figured I'd have to sacrifice it. Now since I've been expecting the chrome, I've gotten used to it. THEN people say I might be getting a body-colour grille now, and I don't know if I like it as much anymore. I'm seriously losing it. What little of it I had, anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
hey i just noticed that you and i have the same car blacksxtsport... i even have the red inserts and man is it sweet assed. and yes, you're probably getting the body coloured grill...i didn't want it at first, but now i loooooove it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Hey Boron!
Getting a call from my salesman May 08 to finalize a delivery date. A week ago i was told the 20'th. I'll let you know here as it seems the date has been pushed up! The wait is killing me here reading about everbody elses car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Yeah, the wait sucks but it'll be over before you know it.

Bang, the more I look at your Caliber, the more I fall in love with the Black on Red..:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Not bad, not bad at all. Add to that:

Elizabeth Hurley,
Carmen Electra,
Lindsay Lohan, (Pre-Skeletor)
etc.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
all i can say is that if mine isn't chrome...there is gonna be a riot @ my car dealership...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Did you get a Quotation form printed off with your car information? If you did...under the "Exterior" heading it will say body colored grill or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
blackSXTsport said:
my caliber isnt here yet but im wondering if i will have the body color grill or the chrome grill...i REALLY REALLY would like to have a body color grill....but i was wondering if there is any way of telling if you are getting a chrome grill or body color grill....the reason i ask is because ive seen SXTs in both body color and chrome and ive seen SXT Sport's in chrome and body color...
There are a few discussions here recently that mentioned a dealer memo stating that all SXTs built after April 8, 2006 will have the body-colored grill and the price adjusted accordingly.

That should be an initial answer to your question.

There are also some further comments about if dealers will honor orders placed before that date, etc for those who desired the chrome grill.

At the moment I don't have time to search for the specific threads and posts, but you may be able to do this and get some indications of if this may actually present a concern for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
superbang said:
hey i just noticed that you and i have the same car blacksxtsport... i even have the red inserts and man is it sweet assed. and yes, you're probably getting the body coloured grill...i didn't want it at first, but now i loooooove it!
I luv the body colour grill. Did you happen to see how the body colour surround was attached??Screws from behind???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Harley said:
There are a few discussions here recently that mentioned a dealer memo stating that all SXTs built after April 8, 2006 will have the body-colored grill and the price adjusted accordingly.

That should be an initial answer to your question.

There are also some further comments about if dealers will honor orders placed before that date, etc for those who desired the chrome grill.

At the moment I don't have time to search for the specific threads and posts, but you may be able to do this and get some indications of if this may actually present a concern for you.
Thanks Harley, but looks like I WILL be getting aftermarket!:eek: Is that all Calibers or certain models? I would think the R/T would keep it. Will the Chrome be an option in the present/ future?
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top