Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with things in the cubby hole on the console falling out, especially when accelerating from a stop. Dodge didn't put any kind of lip on the edge of the cubby to keep things in. After getting tired of looking for my sun glasses, cigarettes, etc on the floor boards, I did a real easy mod that is not only useful and cheap, but doesn't look bad either, in fact, you really can't see it.

I took a strip of self adhesive velcro (the soft, fuzzy side of the velcro) and stuck it along the edge of the cubby, keeping the black velcro in the black portion of the cubby. This is enough to keep things from sliding out, and, unless you reach up and feel it, you don't even know it's there.

I'm also thinking about putting another strip on the small cubby by the driver's door. That one would be a little more obvious, but I think the black will match with the interior enough to not be tacky looking.

I don't have pics of what I did, but I can take a pic after work today if anyone is interested in seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
644 Posts
pics? having a hard time visualizing what you mean

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use the carpet gripper stuff cut to size. I was able to pick up a roll of the black stuff at Wal*Mart for about 4 bucks for a lifetime supply.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I used the cabinet gripper foam liner that my wife bought (tan) matched nice. I used it cut to fit under the radio and left of the steering wheel too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I used the cabinet gripper foam liner that my wife bought (tan) matched nice. I used it cut to fit under the radio and left of the steering wheel too.
my thoughts exactly!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By request, here are a couple of pictures:

It took me a while to get the lighting just right so the strip of soft velcro (not the plastic hook part) would show up in the picture. It blends in so well you can't see it under normal light. It works great for keeping things from sliding out of the cubby.

It worked so well I put some in the small cubby on the driver's side. It's a little more obvious here, but still doesn't look bad, and it works very well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ah, i see what ya meen... i might have used grip tape or something all the way through so it was flush,. but as long as it serves it purpose.

btw, clean you interior :p lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought one of those gel pads that stick to the dash etc and keep items from slipping. I placed one of these in the opening below the radio. It doesn't really show at all but anything placed in there does not move. You can also cut one with scissors to fit the smaller opening. These are available at most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Michael K. said:
By request, here are a couple of pictures:

It took me a while to get the lighting just right so the strip of soft velcro (not the plastic hook part) would show up in the picture. It blends in so well you can't see it under normal light. It works great for keeping things from sliding out of the cubby.

It worked so well I put some in the small cubby on the driver's side. It's a little more obvious here, but still doesn't look bad, and it works very well.
oh man oh man you ukers need to whash there cars omg i would be ashamed of my car if it looked like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts