Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catch this.... I was sitting at a light behind a van with a flat back that allowed me to see my reflection quite well. I'm in the turn lane, so I put on my turn signal and notice that it's flashing....but something didn't look right. I disengaged the signal and BAM!, there's the "something". Whichever turn signal I engaged caused the headlight directly associated with that side to turn off. I did this for left and right turn signals and the same kind of headlight wink happened. I haven't called my dealer yet ....particularly since they say I know more about the vehicle than they do....

I have the daytime-running-lamps (DRL). It was around two in the afternoon when I took notice of this "blink-wink".

Is the "blink-wink" a DRL feature, or a failure in the design? ...and don't tell me it's not happening with any of your vehicles. ;)

Tyke

·
Registered
20 Posts
I read a few places on previous posts that this is normal. Why? not a clue. Sounds kinda weird to me.

Ron

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's fairly common here in Canada where DRL have been mandantory on vehicles for several years. Depending on the design, the DRL turns off when the corresponding signal light is engaged - supposedly to make the signal more evident and not competing with the headlamp. Frankly it has caught me by surprise on the receiving end thinking that some dudes headlamp is burnt out, only to see it come on when the turn is complete. Hummm, safety innovation or distraction..who knows!

Cheers! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I also believe it is normal when the DRL's are engaged. There was a thread about the DRLs before and that came up and all say it is normal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I think you coined a new phrase...:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And I thank you for it Joe...:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Heyy maaannnn send ona them f-ckers over hereeeeeeeer...:D:D

just messin

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
caliber4whoosh said:
I think you coined a new phrase...:D
I was hopin that I did. ;)

MrTyke...father of the term "Blink-Wink". I better get another beer.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, you do that...:D:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wanna hear something funny? I'm 29 with a one month old daughter, and last summer I got carded when I went into Electronic Boutique to buy God of War for the PS2... I laughed when the 40-ish woman behind the counter asked for my I.D. She was PISSED that I laughed at her though. I guess it was because I was also buying the Lego Star Wars game too... LMFAO!!!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Raz said:
Wanna hear something funny? I'm 29 with a one month old daughter, and last summer I got carded when I went into Electronic Boutique to buy God of War for the PS2... I laughed when the 40-ish woman behind the counter asked for my I.D. She was PISSED that I laughed at her though. I guess it was because I was also buying the Lego Star Wars game too... LMFAO!!!
LMFAO!!!! :D:D I bet it made you feel good though, right?

caliber4whoosh said:
Heyy maaannnn send ona them f-ckers over hereeeeeeeer...:D:D
All mine!!, and I don't share my beer anyway!! LOL j/k

·
Registered
245 Posts
I thought it was odd the first time I saw it but it seems to be working designed. From personal experience I know the LX series has the same feature (Charger/Magnum/300)

It places more emphasis on the turn signal by either dimming the light or turning it off completely. Some people like it, some people don’t. Either way nothing is wrong with the lights themselves.

Raz said:
LOL, I would have laughed too considering God of War is Rated M (17 and older), she must have been new because the people who usually work there are pretty knowledgeable of gaming in general. (At least in my area)

I picked up God of War for my fiance’s birthday (She shares my love of games) and she’s been enjoying it. I keep meaning to play it but WOW won’t let me.

Dan

·
Registered
155 Posts
MrTyke said:
Catch this.... I was sitting at a light behind a van with a flat back that allowed me to see my reflection quite well. I'm in the turn lane, so I put on my turn signal and notice that it's flashing....but something didn't look right. I disengaged the signal and BAM!, there's the "something". Whichever turn signal I engaged caused the headlight directly associated with that side to turn off. I did this for left and right turn signals and the same kind of headlight wink happened. I haven't called my dealer yet ....particularly since they say I know more about the vehicle than they do....

I have the daytime-running-lamps (DRL). It was around two in the afternoon when I took notice of this "blink-wink".

Is the "blink-wink" a DRL feature, or a failure in the design? ...and don't tell me it's not happening with any of your vehicles. ;)

Tyke
Hey RAZ and Taffydog from Kanada, do yours do this?? Sounds pretty dumb to me.....:confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the DRL's enabled on my Magnum R/T it also has "Blink Wink" now.
The Dealer can enable the DRL's and otta do it for free if you request it. Afterall, this IS a safety feature...right??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got pulled over because on the blink-wink...had to explain to the cop that this was normal. He had this look on his face like "yeahhhhh rightttt". I had to get out of the car and show him.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
I thought it was odd the first time I saw it but it seems to be working designed. From personal experience I know the LX series has the same feature (Charger/Magnum/300)

It places more emphasis on the turn signal by either dimming the light or turning it off completely. Some people like it, some people don’t. Either way nothing is wrong with the lights themselves.

LOL, I would have laughed too considering God of War is Rated M (17 and older), she must have been new because the people who usually work there are pretty knowledgeable of gaming in general. (At least in my area)

I picked up God of War for my fiance’s birthday (She shares my love of games) and she’s been enjoying it. I keep meaning to play it but WOW won’t let me.

Dan
Not just the magnum/300/charger but it seems that all 2005ish vehicles and newer from chrysler do this, im in canada and when i first noticed i was like "nice a 2005 caravan and the drl is already gone .. good ol dodge ... wait it just turned back on now that his signal is off ... hmm kinda cool!" - this was just after i had replaced all 3 brake lights on our 04 caravan with 1.5 months ( about 2 years after buying it), hence y i figured it was just the crappy bulbs in the caravans

1 - 20 of 20 Posts