Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i walk outside to find a huge puddle of oil under my car. it look to be engine oil so i check that its perfectly fine. i have it towed to the nearest dealer which is 45 miles away. got a call later that day and they immediately claim it was abused because they found dirt on the bottom side of it. i live in a town that has one paved road so dirt is a very common thing. they said it will probably be a week or two before i can get it back.:( and since im 17 they cant give me a car

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Holy crap that sucks! See if you can get specific details from them about it. Had you at any point gone over any large rocks or bottomed out on anything? There isnt alot of protection around the bottom of the tranny on these cars. I hadnt noticed any lines that could get snagged on anything last time i was under mine though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
really now??? Im 17 also and when they had to replace my entire AC in mine I said that they WILL give me a car and they did... i just showed my ass a little bit and they gave in. cause if not then how else would that work out? them drive me around everywhere lol? just yell a bit, that always helps :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was told I was too young to get a rental car too while my first new car was in the shop (Dodge Colt) and they were right. The rental car they were trying to get for me was from an outside rental company the dealership works with and that rental companies rules were clear. What was also clear was my warranty from Dodge that said I would get one! Like sxtcaliguy07 I showed how I could be an ass and got a car from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
YOU cant rent one but they sure can... they will have to pay alot to put you on as a driver though and they likely dont want to do that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tell them to fix it under warranty or you will call your state attourney general's office, the better business bureau, and chrysler corporation. And make sure you have those three phone numbers with you and a cell phone and show them that you have the phone numbers.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Im curious as to what failed and how it failed. I would like to know where the weak points are in this tranny.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I doubt we will ever know, because I understand they just get replaced (not rebuilt) and sent back to the manufacture.

If I'm wrong, please post otherwise.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
sxtcaliguy07 said:
really... i just showed my ass a little bit and they gave in. :)
Sorry, sxtcaliguy07, I couldn't resist.:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Who needs heated seats!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thats pretty disturbing. Ice the dogs nose and send him in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not sure yet what happened because there were no mechanics in when i called. the only thing i found out was i will need a new tranny and they do not have any and are not sure of when they will be able to get one. they also told me this has happened one other time and it was after the car was taken on a race track. im going to go over on tuesday and look at the car so i will know more then

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
When you go back to the dealer, take someone with you and carefully check the bottom of your car. With the comments about the dirt and the racing, it sounds like they're trying to set you up to avoid paying for the tranny. I wouldn't put it past the bass-turds to pound the bottom of the car with a rock to insinuate you were off-roading. Good luck and don't let them screw you. Keep us informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts