Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the chrome door handles that come stock on the R/T, called dealer yesterday $72 a piece and $300 for installation! Ack!

Anyone have any idea's on how to modify the handles to have the chrome strip without paying $600?!:eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
go to the auto parts store on get the adhesive chrome sticker stuff... if the handles are the same shape you should be able to cut the tape into perfect shape to fin on the handles... if theyre a more flush, smooth finish handle, dont know what to tell ya. cant think of anyone else that would have them yet.

kinda funny too... i have the chrome package.. and cant wait to cover or replace it with carbon fiber or matblack graphics... and everyone else wants the chrome package.... how funny.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Darren07RT said:
kinda funny too... i have the chrome package.. and cant wait to cover or replace it with carbon fiber or matblack graphics... and everyone else wants the chrome package.... how funny.
I cant agree more. I would have much rather had the SXT trim including color matched grill, but I wanted AWD. I'm living with the chrome for now on my Black R/T, if there was a way I would remove it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check ebay (or other places on the internet) for the chrome door handle covers for the Magnum's and 300's. The door handles are the same as the Calibers so they will fit. They just stick on and cover the entire handle.

·
Registered
506 Posts
PAJEEP ask around someone on here might be willing to swap with you... and there are plenty on here with black calibers...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again for the tip.

Sorry for the cross posted question. I did search first but I searched for R/T Handles and the other thread was R/T inserts...didn't pop up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts