Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No problems

Votes: 29 46.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious...How many R/T's are having all these problems compared to the SXT's and SE's?

Just wondering if they really cheesed the lower priced models to get em that low.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I havent had major problems, just the pinging of the exhaust, and the back window squirter leaks. I got an SE

·
Banned
400 Posts
No MAJOR issues with mine aside from the pinging and a lil hissing sound coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
143 Posts
sxt sport 2.0 cvt, problems I've faced:
Caliber click
Driver and passenger doors rattle
Rattle from engine compartment when rpm's go above 5700
Rattle from front dash area somewhere over rough roads
Twice the car completely died when making a right hand turn
Rpm's get limited to 2500 when pushing the gas down fast off of a dead start (happens 70% of the time)
Feeling of the engine stalling or the brakes pulsing inbetween the 1-2second time it takes for you to take the foot off the brake and hit the accelerator (happens 30% of the time)
Leaky rear wiper fluid

Engine was properly broken in according to the manual, no service work as of yet because the tech's laughed me off, but I will return next oil change and demand fixes or they can have thier car back. Other than that I love the caliber.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I can't vote considering I don't even own a Caliber yet. Damn, DCX. Had to tell us about the SRT-4 a year before it's even possible of coming out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I only know of minor issues that every new car I've ever owned has had. Well except for the cracked thermostat housing which is kinda major. Also I believe there are far more SXT's that R/T's or SE's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I actually think that R/T's are of a higher build quality. I don't know if its just me, but I've been reading about people's problems with their doors not lying flush, noises, lack of build quality, and the such, even shortened carpets. I actually think my R/T is built perfectly, it hasn't had any problems! Either its just my car, or the R/T's are actually higher quality because they cost like five grand more for a loaded one. I don't know.

·
Banned
400 Posts
joekdo said:
I actually think that R/T's are of a higher build quality. I don't know if its just me, but I've been reading about people's problems with their doors not lying flush, noises, lack of build quality, and the such, even shortened carpets. I actually think my R/T is built perfectly, it hasn't had any problems! Either its just my car, or the R/T's are actually higher quality because they cost like five grand more for a loaded one. I don't know.
:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
joekdo said:
Okay I'll bite and type intead of leaving faces that do nothing for the thread except increase post counts. The problems are in all makes. I have a R/T and my doors are not perfect, nor the hood for that matter however they are liveable. I have lots of fun noises as well to go along with it. Fortunately you are not having the issues. There are many others like yourself I'm sure that are completely satisfied. I presume if we could get a count by trim there are alot more SXT's sold so far to complain about than the R/T`s right now and as for forums you usually see the complaints far more than satisfied customers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PAJeep said:
Okay I'll bite and type intead of leaving faces that do nothing for the thread except increase post counts. The problems are in all makes. I have a R/T and my doors are not perfect, nor the hood for that matter however they are liveable. I have lots of fun noises as well to go along with it. Fortunately you are not having the issues. There are many others like yourself I'm sure that are completely satisfied. I presume if we could get a count by trim there are alot more SXT's sold so far to complain about than the R/T`s right now and as for forums you usually see the complaints far more than satisfied customers.
Great point.:cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agreed. I guess it varies by car, but at the moment, there's more lemons than there are good ones. They'll fix it soon. And as for current issues, theres always the warranty :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
PAJeep said:

:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
644 Posts
the ratio of each one of these cars would have to be equal to get any sort of accurate numbers if your trying to see who has the most problems. im sure theres alot less RTs on the board so....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bulldogger said:
A lot of whiners on this board. I hope this isn't an indication of the type of people that are buying Calibers! ;) :rolleyes: :D :eek: :cool:
I would hope not. But, you never know. About half of the Neon owners were complainers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol I dunno about whining....When I pay $24k and change, I expect few to zero problems;)

So far, so good......The saga continues......

1 - 20 of 35 Posts