Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next minor annoyance outta my caliber is that when I hit 5600-6000 rpm (like when passing a car on a 2 lane highway) I get a very loud rattle that sounds like it's coming from the front left of the engine compartment. Anyone else sharing this issue? or think they might know what it is?.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I was thinking that it would have to be something loose or not tightened to spec. I am hoping it's nothing serious like a problem with the engine/tranny, although sometimes when I start from a dead stop and push the gas fast my engine stops at 2500 rpm and will not go higher till I let off the gas and push it again, but I'm guessing that problem has to do with the electronic throttle control mechanism or a problem with my cvt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
12am said:
although sometimes when I start from a dead stop and push the gas fast my engine stops at 2500 rpm and will not go higher till I let off the gas and push it again, but I'm guessing that problem has to do with the electronic throttle control mechanism or a problem with my cvt.
i've had that problem a couple times too.... i've noticed though, that the electronic throttle isnt the most responsive...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Brooksie1of1 said:
i've had that problem a couple times too.... i've noticed though, that the electronic throttle isnt the most responsive...
I'd have to say that that is an understatement.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've noticed that too. I was going to pull a plug or two tonight to see if maybe I was running a little rich.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us know of your findings muzzy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
I've noticed that too. I was going to pull a plug or two tonight to see if maybe I was running a little rich.
I've put the car in drive a couple times, hit the gas and the car kind of stumbles. Then I noticed the tail pipe was kind of carboned up. I think I might be running rich too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
venom35 said:
...I think I might be running rich too.
Is this something that could get fixed with a software patch to the electronic control module?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uhhggg a new prob cropped up today. I was taking a right hand turn out of a parking lot onto a busy roadway, I hit the gas and the engine went to 2k rpm and then I heard a loud clunk and the whole car shut off, power steering was lost and I almost got nailed by drivers behind me expecting me to speed up. I let her sit for a min then started it back up. Now it feels as if I've lost torque in the mid rpm ranges.... something is definately not right with my cali :(.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That does'nt sound good, did the check engine light come on? If the light came on you should have a error code in the puter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not this member, but I am her boyfriend. From what it sounds like to me is that the car was made for the "super safe" driver. The kind of driver that only feathers the accelerator. The kind of driver that most "lead foots" hate to be behind when they're in a hurry (that'd be me, lol). This car is perfect for my girlfriend. Anyway, I think that this car was designed to restrict people from spirited driving of any kind. ie: tranny and the electronic throttle controle. Also, my girlfriend [the user under this name] did a test drive and she noticed that the tac would stop at about 2500rpm even when feather footing and still accelerating. A "gas saveing" feature that may be the main factor in the present issue.

She has yet to get her Caliber from dodge (she special ordered hers).

FYI: she works for one of the dealerships here in nor cal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I did not recieve a check engine light. I was going to check for an error code but I forgot wether it was 3 or 5 cycles of the key in the ignition.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts