Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new caliber, had it for two days and seems that there is a rattle coming from the right rear fender well. Its seems to be that piece of plastic bumping up against to top. Anybody have this problem? I just traded in My 05 Scion xB because it was made so cheaply and rattled, buzzed and squeaked all the time. Should i Take it to the dealer, or try to fix it myself?

·
Registered
746 Posts
way to steal the name of my caliber you thief!! ;) :D jk i think there's a thread about this problem somewhere else... i can't seem to figure out where... i think the problem is a wire loose around there... i suggest you take it to the dealer... warrenties are your best friend.

oh and before you get razzed by everyone else, let me be the first

PICS!! WE CRAVE PICS OF OUR OWN VEHICLES IN OTHER TRIM LEVELS AND COLOURS!!

there. :) enjoy your new caliber and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, welcome to CaliberForums.com, and PICS! :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Welcome to Caliberforums 50Caliber!!:D:)

Take it to the dealer...like superbang said, warranties are you best friend!

Definately, you must post pictures!!:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
I get the rattle from the rear only when I power into a turn, it sounds and feels like it is something under the passenger rear foot pan, I have not got under to look and see if I can see something yet. I have a feeling it is the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just about to install rear fender flaps I picked up from the dealer today. Noticed that the inner fender liners were very loose, haven't had any noise on mine while driving {2300 Km} but can make them rattle by shaking them. They are just attached by 2 flimsy plastic pop rivits and 2 small sheet metal screws. I think when I get the flaps on they will make it more secure. 2 additional screws and {OH OH} 2 holes to drill in the fender. I think i'll tackle this in the morning, already spent 2 1/2 hours installing the bug deflector.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts