Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. when ever i play songs with the right tone in them. it makes my driver side door pannle hum/vibrate/rattle
its really irritating.

has any one fixed this problem?
sounds like its either inside the door. where the window meets the door. or where the door pannle meets the dash........

pisses me off cuz i love my music :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
This has been mentioned on here before. I don't think there is a fix yet, unless you take it back to the dealer and see if they can open the panel and see what they can find, add more padding or tightening the panel? Hmm...

·
Registered
143 Posts
just wait, after another week or so you will notice that rattle when the window is rolled up. There is a know issue about the power window mechanism flexing the metal inside the door causing your door to emit that rattle/squeak that you are hearing. Apparently some members have found solace by taking thier calibers into the dealer to have the doors retrofitted, thereby removing that annoying creak.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12am said:
just wait, after another week or so you will notice that rattle when the window is rolled up. There is a know issue about the power window mechanism flexing the metal inside the door causing your door to emit that rattle/squeak that you are hearing. Apparently some members have found solace by taking thier calibers into the dealer to have the doors retrofitted, thereby removing that annoying creak.
well no..... no.... its not that.... its when the subs hit. its with the window up or down. doenst matter position of the window

its deffianatly not a squeek.
or a creek.
its simply just rattle cuz of the sound system.
i have no other reported problem other then this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
are you sure it's coming from the door than? I recently put a beefy 10" sub into my cali and I'm getting rattles from the back right side somwhere (havn't pinned it down exactly yet). If that's not the case do yourself a little test and put pressure on the rear of the armrest of the door and play the song that causes the part to vibrate. If that stops the rattle you know there is something loose in the door panel.. either tighten down the door somehow or tell your dealer to check into the noise... Also is the sound a true rattle or is it distortion from the speaker itself?.

Edit: Also watch out for the auto window prob I described above.. it's fairly common amongst calibers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12am said:
are you sure it's coming from the door than?
Edit: Also watch out for the auto window prob I described above.. it's fairly common amongst calibers.
hahah.........
yo guyz. i am pritty sure i know that it is a rattle from the door pannle's upper area along between where the handle to open the door is and the place where it meets the dash....

i may be a girl. but . come on . give me some credit.
:confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
She's right... I get the same deal at certain frequencies (from the same place). One of these days I'll get a 1 sided sticky foam piece and see if can dampen the vibration.

·
Registered
101 Posts
same thing for me too... when the bass hits that right frequency.... it rattles like no other.... same place too... where the dash meets the door.... by the drivers window defroster vent....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep. exactly what i mean.
only on some songs.
maybe i need to take it to the dealer then.
but idk if this problem has been fixed befor

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wouldn't this be a simple solution of TURNING THE MUSIC DOWN!!!! :D :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have this same vibrating sound with the music somewhere in the door panel. I can also replicate it during slow take offs as well if the rpm's are just right. Both the door and some where behind the moon roof make the vibrating sound. I will be taking up with my dealer when I schedule the first oil change.

·
Registered
901 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Wouldn't this be a simple solution of TURNING THE MUSIC DOWN!!!! :D :p
Turn it DOWN? Hail no.. NOT an option!!!! :D

(besides, the vibrate can kick in when the volume is still pretty low.)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ya more of a frequency thing than noise level. I'm betting those of us that have it have musicgate where the front doors actually have woofers in them :p

·
Registered
911 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Turn it DOWN? Hail no.. NOT an option!!!! :D

(besides, the vibrate can kick in when the volume is still pretty low.)

Guess that depends on what you consider as pretty low volume. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have this problem w/ mine too. It does it when the volume is still kind of low, like 10-12 sometimes. I just dont want the dealer to tear my car apart fixing all the small things that are coming apart :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey,
Mine too. I have taken it in 3 times.....I know execlty where it is....The joint above the right vent if u push it in it stops completly. so for now i have a hot piece of cardboard keeping them apart...works....I have to take it in for the 4th time this week to have the rear spray nozzle replaced i hope they can fix it this time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
^I need that rear spray nozzle fixed on mine too :( and the wing

·
Registered
901 Posts
InfernoRedSXT said:
^I need that rear spray nozzle fixed on mine too :( and the wing
Isn't there a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the rear spray nozzle? Service dept should be able to look these up to find the correct fix.

·
Registered
901 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Isn't there a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the rear spray nozzle? Service dept should be able to look these up to find the correct fix.
I asked about this at my service dept during my recent repair, and they can't find a TSB in the official database.

Could the people who said their dealers had an official DCX fix, ask what TSB number or other source it was from?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts