Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a rattle from the front of the car and think I've tracked it down...maybe this will help someone else keep just a little bit of their sanity ;)

If the noise is dependent on speed (40+ mph and bumps don't affect it), check the splash guards on the front passenger side wheel well. While the driver side seems pretty well attached, the passenger side has a lot of play in it. (I checked and all the clips were in place and tight, so it seems to be a minor design flaw.)

I tried cutting off the spring barcode labels, but that had no effect. Stuffed some foam between the splash guard and the wheel well and it went away.

Wasn't happy with that as a permanent fix, and since there's a hole in the wheel well that serves no purpose (there was a plastic push clip in it, but it must have been for appearances since it wasn't clipping anything together) I drilled a small hole in the plastic splash guard and zip-tied it.

This seems to have fixed it, but with the amount of play in the splash guards, I'm not confident it won't come back...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard rattle sound but it seems like it's coming from the shifter console. Usually the sound appears when I drive 65-70 mph and it comes and goes. It's annoying! Sounds like something is loose and rubbing against something else.

Just wondering are we talking about the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's usually really hard to pinpoint where sounds are coming from, so it could be the same thing, but mine was pretty much constant from 40+ mph and got worse the faster I went...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've got one that's coming from my instrument cluster, and the panel below it. I've gotta take it by the dealer, but its gonna be difficult seeing as its the only vehicle I have with me and all they have is a courtesy shuttle and I have to be at work at 6:00AM. Mine happens anytime I'm on a mildly bumpy road at any speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts