Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got in my car this morning and have areal loud rattle from the driver side door when the radio is on. When I open it it goes away but when I close it, it starts again..When I press down on the dash it seems to be better. Taking it in tommorow at 6am. Gonna see about the window washer leaks and the window creaks.

:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
MikeyJCaliber said:
Hey I got in my car this morning and have areal loud rattle from the driver side door when the radio is on. When I open it it goes away but when I close it, it starts again..When I press down on the dash it seems to be better. Taking it in tommorow at 6am. Gonna see about the window washer leaks and the window creaks.

:(
That's great man, thanks for sharing!!!!:) :) :) :) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
irloyal said:
That's great man, thanks for sharing!!!!:) :) :) :) :rolleyes:
When I read that I almost spit out out my Coke

·
Registered
447 Posts
The door just needs to be re-sealed to get the rattle out of it. The creak is something I have too. I got mine in the shop as I type this getting that fixed. Apparently the window mechanism flex's a bit when it's all the way up and knocks against the door panel itself. They can fix it pretty easy. But it takes a while apparently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a rattle that I can't seem to find the cause of. It's on the passengers side and almost sounds like something is down in the space where the seatbelt is. It only does it when I am on the highway not at lower speeds. Could this be the whole window thing? It's driving me crazy!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the exact same thing, very high pitched, drivers side, stops when the door is open, Ect Ect... I tried putting a small felt pad over the trim piece. did not work. please PM me and tell me what the dealer fixed!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
ksmock said:
I have a rattle that I can't seem to find the cause of. It's on the passengers side and almost sounds like something is down in the space where the seatbelt is. It only does it when I am on the highway not at lower speeds. Could this be the whole window thing? It's driving me crazy!
I have had the same little tinny rattle sound too, best that I can tell is it seems to be below the center console (hard to poke around at 65mph hehe) it sounds like some kind of heat shield under the car that is vibrating in the wind. It only seems to happen at highway speeds. Another adjustment to mention at the first oil change.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts