Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dit anybody noticed that when you are in the parkinglot and you turn your car on ,then you let it idel down and when u push the gas padel slowly that there is a radeling sound coming from the engine .i dont know how else to explain this sound,it seems like when the car is ideling down that even the car seems to shake a little bit like its idels to low like when the engine is about to turn of .Anybody knows if thats normal??

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: radeling noice when you press the gas pedal ???

tupmeier said:
dit anybody noticed that when you are in the parkinglot and you turn your car on ,then you let it idel down and when u push the gas padel slowly that there is a radeling sound coming from the engine .i dont know how else to explain this sound,it seems like when the car is ideling down that even the car seems to shake a little bit like its idels to low like when the engine is about to turn of .Anybody knows if thats normal??
Kind of like a diesel engine sound? I think i know what you mean. I have it when i step on it from a stopped light etc...I am having it looked at in 2 weeks when i get my first oil change done. It is concerning for sure!

·
Banned
554 Posts

umf said:
Kind of like a diesel engine sound? I think i know what you mean. I have it when i step on it from a stopped light etc...I am having it looked at in 2 weeks when i get my first oil change done. It is concerning for sure!
What your talking about ( predetonation sp? ) should have been taken care of with the recall. I've had the recall done & mine still does it, but not nearly as bad as before the recall was performed.

Sound kind of like crackling/dieseling?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

umf said:
jap thats the way its sound ,even my 11 year old mazda mpv never dit a sound like that ,its bugs me .let me know what they say at your oilchange .Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

well the proplem is that when i check if there is a recall on the crysler webside and after punching my last 7 vinnubers in it tells me that there are no recalls on my car ,but that does not meen that i have to settle with that or am i wrong there???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts