Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone im new here..i have a 2007 dodger caliber sxt..i bought new back in 2007.. i have the lifetime power train warranty and i have the lifetime oil change from the dealership ..havent really had any major problems other then just replacing the battery which is normal..batteries dont last forever..anyway the problem now that im having..is a rattling noise..i let one of mechanics from my job listen to it ..he said it could be a tensioner or idler pulley..anyway before i could take it to the shop ..my car didnt want to start so i had it towed to the shop..anway the shop later calls me and tells me they need to start the car up and that they suspect its a carbon build up and that is a second problem im having cause im not getting some compression in some of my cylinders..so they needed my permisson to proceed...anaway they got my car started by cleaning out the cylinders and adding a additive and they said as for noise ..they were gonna take out my pulleys and belt and check them..they did and they said they were fine that hey were gonna replace the serpentine belt..they did and everthing seemed fine but i still heard the noise again..they told me to bring it in again ..my concern is why they didnt pick it up the first time..im afraid of them charging me again..so i asked the mechanic from where i work again to listen to it and now he says its hard to know what it is ..that it could be the alternator or timing belt ?? i said what how can it be the timing belt or the alternator..how is it that the shop didnt pick that up?? anyway this weekend i took to the dealership to get my lifetime oil change ..they also do a 22 point inspection ..they came back and told me everything was fine ?? im sure they must have heard some noise?? even know its gotten quieter i really need some suggestions and some advise on this ...i dont know what do to ??? sorry for rambling on ..i just wanted to explain so everybody would understand

1 - 1 of 1 Posts