Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, there I was driving down east Ganson street in lovely downtown Jackson, MI, when traffic in front of me came to a screeching halt. I managed to stop before embedding my Caliber in the bumper of the Beemer in front of me, but the lady in the van behind me wasn't so lucky. She whacked me hard enough for my head to snap forward. Climbing out of the car, I expected the worst. When I walked to the back to check out the damage, I found zip, zilch, zero, nada, nothing, not even a scratch. I thoroughly checked out the car - made sure the doors were aligned and working, checked under, over, above and around - not one bit of damage.

This car is indestructible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
What about her van? any damage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Unbelievable! There has to be some damage if the other hit you...:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Make sure you check for structural damage...frame, suspension etc. These new plastic cars are great for taking a hit and looking like there is no problem but when you discover the allignment is out and that the bill to fix a couple g's or that the frame is bent leaving the car not worth the parking space it's in...you'll be pissed:mad: . Hope you exchanged insurace and info...get her checked out...and while you're at it...your neck looks REALLY,REALLY sore!LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
High-Calibur Driver said:
Make sure you check for structural damage...frame, suspension etc. These new plastic cars are great for taking a hit and looking like there is no problem but when you discover the allignment is out and that the bill to fix a couple g's or that the frame is bent leaving the car not worth the parking space it's in...you'll be pissed:mad: . Hope you exchanged insurace and info...get her checked out...and while you're at it...your neck looks REALLY,REALLY sore!LOL
2econd me on that ,you got to love the united states
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
tupmeier said:
2econd me on that ,you got to love the united states
I wonder what the US GDP would be if you eliminated the attorney and ligitation cash flows. The US law industry is out of control and probably a significant cost to domestic industry re: liability contingencies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Had some yuppie guy in a new Audi A6 back into me trying to get out of a parking space in front of me. I'd just started up the car to back up and give him some more room when BANG right into the Calibers front bumper. He jumped out of the Audi and started yelling at me why did I park so close. After making sure there wasn't a mark on my bumper I screamed at him using almost every naughty word in my vocabulary. He hopped in his car and as he drove off I noticed 2 perfect puncture holes in his back bumper from the license plate bolts on my front bumper.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Had some yuppie guy in a new Audi A6 back into me trying to get out of a parking space in front of me. I'd just started up the car to back up and give him some more room when BANG right into the Calibers front bumper. He jumped out of the Audi and started yelling at me why did I park so close. After making sure there wasn't a mark on my bumper I screamed at him using almost every naughty word in my vocabulary. He hopped in his car and as he drove off I noticed 2 perfect puncture holes in his back bumper from the license plate bolts on my front bumper.
the one advantage to havin a front plate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Had some yuppie guy in a new Audi A6 back into me trying to get out of a parking space in front of me. I'd just started up the car to back up and give him some more room when BANG right into the Calibers front bumper. He jumped out of the Audi and started yelling at me why did I park so close. After making sure there wasn't a mark on my bumper I screamed at him using almost every naughty word in my vocabulary. He hopped in his car and as he drove off I noticed 2 perfect puncture holes in his back bumper from the license plate bolts on my front bumper.
Sounds like a hit and run to me. You better report him to the police.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
indestructable my ass! my axel broke, fender busted, driver side back door crushed and bumper flung off!! and this was some girl tboning me going 35 miles an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
The point is you walked away,that's a plus!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Similar thing happened to me in my old Dakota. Guys rearended me at about 35 MPH. I was at a dead stop, I got out to figure out what to do... not a scratch, not a dent nothing. I buffer out a little of his paint left on my bumper. Looked at his car it was no doubt totaled. told him I didn't care if he didn't he agreed and I carried on while he wated for a tow.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top