Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since a new thread has come out....so I have this question..

What do you predict the SRT-4 will run in the 1/4 mile?

Here's my situation: I live about 7 miles from my job, lots of stop lights, but no where to really open it up unless I get on the nearest interstate. I do go to the track every great once in a while, and would like to have some decent slips. I do live in Missouri, so front wheel drive will be a plus since this is going to be my daily driver...but the winters here are about 8-14 in of snow max (for the entire winter)

So I am really torn between a 08 Mustang GT, 08 WRX, or 08 SRT-4.

I plan to buy between January-March of next year, and would like to spend around $25-

A new GT runs high 13's...the new WRX should be a 14.flat car....as a comp, I have seen Mazdaspeed 3's around low 14's. I want the most bang for the buck AND some style as well.

Also...how do you think re-sale will be on this car...how is it with the neon based SRT-4? I usually only keep a car for a couple/few years...

This shoud open some good discussion....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well, if you are looking at spending around $25K, you can rule out the WRX, and probably the Stang.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mustang for sure but it will push your budget. SRT-4 would be my next choice. Same hp as the mustang but less torque. Im still not a big fan of 4 cylinder cars and especially front wheel drive cars though so im biased.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HSKR said:
Well, if you are looking at spending around $25K, you can rule out the WRX, and probably the Stang.
The Deluxe GT invoice is around $23,900....all I would want is the shaker 500 stereo and 3.55's as options....

WRX is supposed to be around $25- ...on a cash deal someone could easily get to that number on an internet deal....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Resale on the SRT-4 will be just like all other dodges, crappy. If you dont have family or if you never really have people in your back seat I would go for the mustang if you do then I would go for the SRT

·
Registered
50 Posts
the wrx tr is a suitable performer, if you look at the v6 version you'll find it actually has decent numbers. Ever think of a cobalt ss s/c?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
v6 version of a mustang is a no no
A V6 mustang is NOT an option I would even consider...terrible resale, terrible sound...just not my idea of a mustang....it is a decent performer for the price, but just not for me.

Kinda the same with the SS cobalt...nice looking ride, but just not what I am looking for...why would the supercharge a 4cyl?!?!?! turbo or nothing on that small of a motor. It's decent for the price...14.6 I believe in the quarter mile...but still not the power or look of a MS3, WRX ,or SRT4....

I am REALLY leaning towards getting a mustang GT. I have read a lot on the California Special's and really like what I see...plus Ford is now keeping the manufactuers warranty intact if you modify the new GT's at the time of purchase with one of their power packs and have them install it..(similar to stage kits)

If anyone from Dodge is reading this..please come out with SOMETHING on the SRT4 before I order my new 08 GT...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I must have been thinking the STI. I haven't personally looked up the info on one, but I remember seeing a higher price tag than $25K for thw WRX.

·
Registered
567 Posts
xcler8 said:
A V6 mustang is NOT an option I would even consider...terrible resale, terrible sound...just not my idea of a mustang....it is a decent performer for the price, but just not for me.

Kinda the same with the SS cobalt...nice looking ride, but just not what I am looking for...why would the supercharge a 4cyl?!?!?! turbo or nothing on that small of a motor. It's decent for the price...14.6 I believe in the quarter mile...but still not the power or look of a MS3, WRX ,or SRT4....

I am REALLY leaning towards getting a mustang GT. I have read a lot on the California Special's and really like what I see...plus Ford is now keeping the manufactuers warranty intact if you modify the new GT's at the time of purchase with one of their power packs and have them install it..(similar to stage kits)

If anyone from Dodge is reading this..please come out with SOMETHING on the SRT4 before I order my new 08 GT...
i also questioned why they hell they would supercharge a 4 banger, but it has proven itself, its very strong in lemans, and the gm performance package one has like 240 hp, so either way its right up the line with the srt4 neon, do you want a 4 door hatch, that ocassionaly people would be like nice ride, or do you want a car that everyone will just look and be like nice stang. srt4 wont draw much attention mustang will, sleeper or all around nice car. once the camaro and challenger come out, the mustang wont be so cool tho in my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts